Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Social] Block Followers

I believe there should be a way to block people that are following you on Spotify. When blocked, the user will automatically unfollow you and will not be able to find you, or view your public playlists.

Blocking should be possible via both username and email address.

Liam

Updated on 2021-11-16

Hi everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Ideas Exchange, and sharing your votes and comments.

We’re pleased to confirm that all users now have the option to block another user on Spotify. With this update, you can actively block another user across desktop and mobile devices, preventing them from being able to see listening activity, public playlists, or view profile pages.

Here’s how it works:

• When visiting another user’s profile, click on the   (...) button.
  • Select “Block” (or “Block User” on mobile) to block the user whose profile you are viewing.
  • This user will now be blocked and cannot access your page, public playlists or view your listening activity.
  • To unblock a user, click the Unblock option in the same menu.

We're always working hard to provide the best possible Spotify experience in a safe environment.

Please see here for more information.

Comments

Still waiting on an answer to this problem...I pay for this service, I should be able to to remove followers!

Turtleshouse
Spotify really doesn't seem to give a shhh about their users' (costumers!) safety and feelings.
bosstweed86

Still waiting on an update regarding this feature, meanwhile...I just had to get a restraining order against an ex who was harrassing me extensively online, including sending offensive songs/messages via Spotify ad nauseum to the point that I had to delete my account and start a new one (per the instructions of the Spotify support team). He then found the new account within a day and resumed sending offensive content, which I can't delete since there's not an option to delete messages. Let's be clear, if you offer people a way to interact and send music and notes to one another as well as the option to follow/be followed by others, your service IS a social network and should come equipped with the basic tools to ensure customer safety and satisfaction. 

What's the story on when the block feature will be implemented?

Obviously Rorey's definition of shortly is very similar to Spotify's definition of the near future. There seems to be a company wide misunderstanding of time scale as it applies to the english language.

polg0003

First, i don't understand how this was not a standard feature at launch. Second, as i search through the solutions for this problem on the internet, I am starting to notice that Spotify is dismissive of this issue. 

I know that as soon as Spotify gets a legit competitor, im out, and so is my $10. 

I really need this! My nutter ex is peering at me every time im using spotify. Im seriously considering closing my account simply due to the inablility to block him. Such a small thing you'd have thought the developers would have thought of this 😞

Do the companies that offer social networking sites not have a legal responsibility to ensure that their end users are safe and have the ability to report "harrassment". After all, stalking is a form of harrassment..........

Turtleshouse
Money > safety. Simple. As I said months ago, it's not Spotify, It's Stalkify.
nicelau711

It is nonsense! my profil must be private by default! 

I am leaving soon.

Just the time of transferring all my playlist to Deezer...

Turtleshouse
Place your bets now on the comment 'It has been a year since this topic has been opened!!'
jam365

Come... I want to add this already!!!