Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Social] One Phone Everyones Songs (Shared public Queue)

My idea came when I was sick of handing my friends my phone or the aux cable everytime they want to out on a song.Why have a DJ at your house party when you could have your phone hooked up and people around you could put in song request through their spotify on their phones. You could set it to a certain radius or just make a group. You could limit types of music or the amount of times a song or artist can play. That's my idea

Updated on 2021-04-27

Hey folks,

We appreciate you coming to the Community, and adding your votes and feedback to this idea.

We're marking this as implemented. With our Group Session you can listen together on one device while your friends add songs to the queue from their own devices - head here for more info.

Happy listening 🎶

Comments
osornios
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2017-10-09

Marked as new idea, which is a repost of this inactive idea.

derekvonk

Yes!

Wadimvanakkeren

Haha, finally!

Ashardlow

This is beyond brilliant and would be so helpful 

Jonees

Great idea! When you're at a party it is always so akward to ask the host for their phone or squat down in front of the laptop trying to find that song you want to add to the que.

Jadlers

This is something I have wanted for so long. Would really be useful! 

LeoRager

Yeah! Just invite you could have a shared queue with your spotify friends. Your spotify friends should be able to add to it.

Ivan31

I entered here to post the same idea!!!!!

great!!!!

I came on here to submit a similar idea. My idea is you can start a group and you get a code. You give this code to your friends at the party and they can then submit songs to be played next on the Playlist. They would remain in the party until you end the party. There can be two modes. One where the owner of the party has to approve the song before it is actually queued. In this way you can avoid people playing "joke" songs or if this were used in a more formal event, avoid songs that are deemed inappropriate or unprofessional. The other would be to automatically add the requested songs to the queue, which would be more useful for smaller gatherings or ones where you don't care what is played or are just too plain lazy to approve all the requested songs. Obviously Spotify would have a lot of other details to add in, making sure the same song is not played too frequently, being able to control the size of the party, whether or not explicit music will be played or not, etc. I can really see this being a useful feature and obviously I'm not alone judging by all the other supporting comments.

mmhck

I like it! 

Dj mode

ACTIVATE: Please set a 4 number pin to pass to your friends to queue songs to this account for the next x hours.  This feature uses gps location / same wifi, etc.