Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Social] One Phone Everyones Songs (Shared public Queue)

My idea came when I was sick of handing my friends my phone or the aux cable everytime they want to out on a song.Why have a DJ at your house party when you could have your phone hooked up and people around you could put in song request through their spotify on their phones. You could set it to a certain radius or just make a group. You could limit types of music or the amount of times a song or artist can play. That's my idea

Updated on 2021-04-27

Hey folks,

We appreciate you coming to the Community, and adding your votes and feedback to this idea.

We're marking this as implemented. With our Group Session you can listen together on one device while your friends add songs to the queue from their own devices - head here for more info.

Happy listening 🎶

Comments
DotDotDashh

I’ve been saying this exact thing for so long. YES PLEASE

lilihund

This would be perfect, for my office. We are a small team of 7, and we all have premium accounts but only one can be in charge of the music. It would be awesome if we all could contribute to what it's playing at the office.

airplanemode

I love this idea!! I've been saying it for weeks!! It would also be helpful if the music is loud so you don't have to shout which song you want next. Or if you're not sure who's phone is in the aux, you can just add to the queue and not even worry about it! I really think it would be a popular feature

snarkymuch

SPOTIFY ALREADY HAS THIS FEATURE

You can do this by adding your friends as Collaborators on your Playlist.

ben1026505
This is more area based like a party where everyone might not know the host
or who is on aux. Also there would be more of a filtering system to a queue
rather than just a bunch of songs in a playlist.
ben1026505
I rather more area based like how Snapchat has the geotags where you set a
location and anybody can add to the queue.
Mars_bar

Hey guys, I don't know if you're aware of the ability to create collaborative playlists but this is the same idea. You create a playlist, click the three dots, click "make collaborative," and share it with the people you would allow to edit it. Then it can be played from one phone while everyone can add songs. 

DylanAllard

There is this app on the internet called spotifybox. Maybe it can help you out. http://www.spotifybox.com/

EDIT: site is down, sh*t.
MadmanOnWheels

I believe iTunes already has had something very similar to this, for years. I would like to see this, as a feature. Why Spotify doesn't want to compete with Apple is weird to me.

cstrehle

Finally! someone else who cherishes combinig social aspects with such a social passtime - Music.