Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Social] One Phone Everyones Songs (Shared public Queue)

My idea came when I was sick of handing my friends my phone or the aux cable everytime they want to out on a song.Why have a DJ at your house party when you could have your phone hooked up and people around you could put in song request through their spotify on their phones. You could set it to a certain radius or just make a group. You could limit types of music or the amount of times a song or artist can play. That's my idea

Updated on 2021-04-27

Hey folks,

We appreciate you coming to the Community, and adding your votes and feedback to this idea.

We're marking this as implemented. With our Group Session you can listen together on one device while your friends add songs to the queue from their own devices - head here for more info.

Happy listening 🎶

Comments

Hi everyone,

I also had this idea a while back but me and my friends found a simple way to make our own!

The person playing the music (who will be referred to as Bob) creates a collaborative playlist that is empty, and invites all of the "queue" collaborators to it.  Add a couple songs at first.  Bob plays the first song, making sure shuffle is off.  Bob's friends add songs to the playlist and are hence "queued," because they will play in order after another.

Hope this helps!

ST_ROB

I think it would be just great if you could make a collaborative playing queue... It would help a lot in reunions.

ST_ROB

@12816301 wrote:

Hi everyone,

I also had this idea a while back but me and my friends found a simple way to make our own!

The person playing the music (who will be referred to as Bob) creates a collaborative playlist that is empty, and invites all of the "queue" collaborators to it.  Add a couple songs at first.  Bob plays the first song, making sure shuffle is off.  Bob's friends add songs to the playlist and are hence "queued," because they will play in order after another.

Hope this helps!

The only issue with this idea is that you end having a lot of playlists.

Wolfz76

me too, cool idea!

jspain

This feature would also be great for road trips!

Abellaneda

Something like YouTube feature, where everyone can add videos to the queue could be nice.

spahi4

YouTube already implemented it for years, it's awesome

LegendaryTunes

IMG_20190629_014959.jpg

IMG_20190629_014955.jpg

IMG_20190629_014952.jpg

IMG_20190629_014949.jpg

I thought of this as well, here are some mock-up images on how I envisioned this. (I think the images got reversed, so last image is actually the first) anyway, hope it happens! 

ST_ROB

I think these mock ups are great, hope Spotify develops this feature.

@LegendaryTunes wrote:

IMG_20190629_014959.jpg

IMG_20190629_014955.jpg

IMG_20190629_014952.jpg

IMG_20190629_014949.jpg

I thought of this as well, here are some mock-up images on how I envisioned this. (I think the images got reversed, so last image is actually the first) anyway, hope it happens! 

joelengelhardt
These images are incredible! Wow! This excites me. I really hope Spotify develops this!