Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Social] One Phone Everyones Songs (Shared public Queue)

My idea came when I was sick of handing my friends my phone or the aux cable everytime they want to out on a song.Why have a DJ at your house party when you could have your phone hooked up and people around you could put in song request through their spotify on their phones. You could set it to a certain radius or just make a group. You could limit types of music or the amount of times a song or artist can play. That's my idea

Updated on 2021-04-27

Hey folks,

We appreciate you coming to the Community, and adding your votes and feedback to this idea.

We're marking this as implemented. With our Group Session you can listen together on one device while your friends add songs to the queue from their own devices - head here for more info.

Happy listening 🎶

Comments
Abellaneda

Where is that? I cannot activate that option.

I'm in Spain and my device is Android

Atb2wild

Make this a reality

seersuckerb

As an option to limit or prevent a specific song from playing, offer premium members ‘credits’ to veto a song. Once majority of contributers veto, the song is skipped before playing or is cut short, depending on when the final veto occurs. Could also be a financial move- have non-premium members pay 25 cents to add a song (drop a quarter in the new age jukebox), and cost 25 cents to veto. 

AdamDam

I think that this is a great idea! I can imagine that it would be a lot of fun to be able to play music from a shared queue when hanging out with friends, as it would allow for easily sharing each person's musical preferences without one person having to search for all the requested songs on their own device.

This is in beta mode now. It's available in the app. It's called a Spotify session.

MattSuda

Good news!

The new Group Session (beta) feature allows groups of 2-5 people to listen together simultaneously in the mobile app all online no matter where everyone is located. 💚 🏘🌎 🔊

For more info on this new feature and how to use it read the news article and the support article

You and your friends/family can now each listen to the same content at the same time on your own devices (as well as control playback). You can start a group session by sharing a “join” link via messaging apps or social media with each other. Group sessions currently support 2-5 people in the same session.

With this feature you can also control the playback of the music when everyone is in the same room like a party mode. Listen on one device and control it from multiple devices in the same room.

This feature is still rolling out, so make sure your Spotify app is up to date.

Click or tap the Connect menu in the bottom-left corner of the play screen and scroll down to "Start a group session." Then, share the invite link with your guests or have them scan the Spotify code to join the session.

Note: Group Session is in Beta, which means it’s being tested and features could change.

pdaire

great news!!

I'd lost hopes on this.

Thanks to all the involved person

Xenia
Status changed to: Implemented

Updated on 2021-04-27

Hey folks,

We appreciate you coming to the Community, and adding your votes and feedback to this idea.

We're marking this as implemented. With our Group Session you can listen together on one device while your friends add songs to the queue from their own devices - head here for more info.

Happy listening 🎶

ST_ROB

Thanks !! Very useful function!!