Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Social] One Phone Everyones Songs (Shared public Queue)

My idea came when I was sick of handing my friends my phone or the aux cable everytime they want to out on a song.Why have a DJ at your house party when you could have your phone hooked up and people around you could put in song request through their spotify on their phones. You could set it to a certain radius or just make a group. You could limit types of music or the amount of times a song or artist can play. That's my idea

Updated on 2021-04-27

Hey folks,

We appreciate you coming to the Community, and adding your votes and feedback to this idea.

We're marking this as implemented. With our Group Session you can listen together on one device while your friends add songs to the queue from their own devices - head here for more info.

Happy listening 🎶

Comments
deanjksmith

i need this so bad!! family BBQs would be so much better. 

lounatico

It could limit to the network

jackwaller

Hi guys,

I have recently developed an application to help! You can download Session from https://session.app Session is available on both iOS and Android. 

If you really like the App please leave a review and let Spotify know!

Thanks all 🙂

Bramvh

Great Idea but I think it will be technically challenging to connect multiple phones to one with real-time control. If it would use spotify connect you would also need to be on the same wifi network... which can be a problem if you're outdoors

Maybe for now it's worth experimenting with collaborative playlists, everyone adds tracks and 1 person stays in control (which might be more 'peaceful' 😉  )

dsotm629

Bump

sailormchues

cool idea!

joshjhh

You would just click "create a live queue" and it would show up with a pin number. Other users would click "join a queue" and enter that pin. They could then add to the same queue. Don't base it on Wifi. This way it could be used on roadtrips.

Maybe make it possible to listen to the same queue on any device that has joined the queue. This way you could have the queue playing from multiple devices in multiple rooms at a party or if two (or more) friends that aren't in the same area want to listen to music, they can be listening to the same songs simulataneously even if they are miles away. 

Melody
Status changed to: Good idea, vote for it

Updated on 2018-09-25

Hi everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

While we don't have plans for this right now, we're marking this as a 'Good Idea'.

Please know your feedback is reaching the internal teams at Spotify, and they're aware of the votes around this idea. We'll continue to check out the feedback here too.

If there are any updates, we'll let you know.

Thanks!

bbchops

I am yet again at a party where we're using Spotify, but can't share a play queue. Tiresome .

Lore4321nz

Spotify, please stop marking these ideas ad "Good Ideas" and start implementing some of them.  It is taking you guys way to long to put into action ideas and suggestions that are literal GOLD.  You guys need better project management people to push these ideas through quickly.  Spotify is already awesome, but let's make it the gold standard of how people listen to music now and in the future.

Your biggest fan,