Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Social] Real Time "Listen with Friend(s)"

There ought to be a feature where I can click on a friend and listen in real time to whatever they're listening to, not just their playlist. If they change songs, my Spotify changes with them. 

With this feature, a person could remotely DJ if they wanted, or you could just know that you and a friend are hearing the same thing at the same time. 

Updated on 2020-08-04

Hi everyone!

We're happy to announce that this feature has now been implemented.

You now have the option to join a remote Group Session with all your friends and enjoy the same tracks simultaneously no matter how many miles apart you might be.

For more information be sure to check out our Newsroom article and our Support site page

Comments
jaysoncopes

In regards to those who suggested SoundDrop (which I previously used), it is no longer available, sadly. We, the Spotify Community, demand and request a feature to listen together as a family! Hoo ha, hoo ha!

jencasjoshcas

We seriously need this feature. Me and my wife are in a long distance relationship, and we would LOVE the feature of being able to either:

A. Listen using the same account on 2 devices BUT the exact same songs are mirrored, or;

B. Add the ability to "tune in" to a friend and listen to the EXACT same songs TOGETHER.

Untill this feature is added, I won't be renewing my premium.

Tobal_b

I need this so much. I even would pay premium. Please!

Schillfactor
RIP Soundrop
guugawl

Check out Soundbounce.

You can create rooms and drag and drop songs from Spotify to make a playlist that syncs for all listeners.

It requires a Spotify Premium account, and the rooms are public (which means anyone can add songs to your playlist if they join your room), but right now this seems to be the best method to listen to music in sync with friends.

jencasjoshcas

Spotify, we need this feature. You are losing customers on this.

mysticwolf
This is a cool idea! I like it
jencasjoshcas

Can we use this on mobile?

Banzah

This is problably the best thing that could happen to Spotify!

Jimbohina
I just posted this separately and got sent here as a duplicate. this would be brilliant for a group of friends coming together, we used to have this, it was called radio. Follow a person's feed is good, how about all being able to queue songs in the same list.