Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Social] Real Time "Listen with Friend(s)"

There ought to be a feature where I can click on a friend and listen in real time to whatever they're listening to, not just their playlist. If they change songs, my Spotify changes with them. 

With this feature, a person could remotely DJ if they wanted, or you could just know that you and a friend are hearing the same thing at the same time. 

Updated on 2020-08-04

Hi everyone!

We're happy to announce that this feature has now been implemented.

You now have the option to join a remote Group Session with all your friends and enjoy the same tracks simultaneously no matter how many miles apart you might be.

For more information be sure to check out our Newsroom article and our Support site page

Comments
Gioitaly

I had posted the same idea and I was redercted here!

only I could add that I had thought of a "Tune in" button along with "Follow". instead of "Listen with"  

lazzlazzlazz
Why isn't this a feature yet? I've used Soundrop and it's inconvenient. You should just be able to tune into someone's listening (assuming they allow that).
RicoTrevisan

I wish I had read ScottBeeson's post 30 minutes ago. Just spent that time trying to figure out what was wrong with my Spotify/Facebook that I wasn't seeing that option.

https://www.facebook.com/help/208427865914727/

It might be worthwhile to pile up on that "no" at the bottom question: “Was this answer helpful?

meahtenoha
Status changed to: Good idea, vote for it

svmatthews

+1 since we use spotify in our office via bluetooth the only way we can see what's playing is by following who is playing the music and seeing what they "recently played" - it's awesome, but could be even more awesome. 

sthorpe

Absolutely, this is an awesome idea! Please implement...

eacastel

A play, pause, stop and next/skip the songs that are appearing on your friends stream timeline.

6ryph3n

Just jumping in with everyone else... I don't get why this feature was added and then removed. I want it back.

fjmp999

I'd love that feature for celebrating newyear's eve with friends scattered around the world. Despite the distance, parties could have lots in common.

the_train

This is an excellent idea.  Sometimes I see what a friend is listening to and I find it and listen to it myself, but it would be more fun if I could go to that person's profile and tap into their stream.  In fact, Valve's Steam service is piloting a very similar feature at the moment where you can allow others to watch your gameplay.