Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Social] Real Time "Listen with Friend(s)"

There ought to be a feature where I can click on a friend and listen in real time to whatever they're listening to, not just their playlist. If they change songs, my Spotify changes with them. 

With this feature, a person could remotely DJ if they wanted, or you could just know that you and a friend are hearing the same thing at the same time. 

Updated on 2020-08-04

Hi everyone!

We're happy to announce that this feature has now been implemented.

You now have the option to join a remote Group Session with all your friends and enjoy the same tracks simultaneously no matter how many miles apart you might be.

For more information be sure to check out our Newsroom article and our Support site page

Comments
maloriet

Love this idea- it could be really fun!

Rupe_VanGoh

I’ve been wanting this mode!!! 

Many Uses. For example my Wife and I workout together and it’d be cool if our music could be linked by one person choosing the tracks!

VoodaGod

there is an app in development which will allow exactly this: https://www.playd.app/?lang=en

antonyjackson86
That looks good, but it's not available to download, Hopefully Spotify will
realise that more and more people would love this feature and include it in
a future update.
Tivanboven

Also nice to share a listening experience with some coworkers without bothering others who you don't want to impose on. Basically like a local radio station I guess. 

86smopuiM

When will this be added?

86smopuiM

That playd link is broken.  

SabbaK

Spotify, this feature would be the finesse you have always needed, it would be such a brilliant and playful feature to add and for so many different audiences. Please, we're begging you to add this. You've already created shared device listening feature, all you need to do is to sync the music that's being played to play from each device at the exact same time, and allow each device to play the music through it's own speaker / headphones while everyone in the group can change the music.

This would be a game changer, and for so many people it's a no-brainer. Really you should already have this feature available by now and it's ridiculous that you don't already!?

Schmills

Please implement this soon Spotify...

djMaximizer

I would like this feature