Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Sort and filter tracks inside a playlist (iOS)

Previously, community member @ kelvin0mql submitted the idea for an improved search feature on mobile. 

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Mobile-App-Sort-and-Search/idi-p/34441

While we're happy to announce the we've imlemented the ability to search tracks you've already synced on the Android platform, we haven't quite implemented the feature for iOS.

Please add your kudos to this idea if you'd like to see this implemented. 

Hey folks,

We're happy to say users can now sort and filter songs in their playlists on iOS devices. Just open your playlist and scroll to the top of the screen. There you will see the 'Filter' search bar and the option to sort just to the right. Thanks for your feedback everyone!

IMG_6411.PNG

IMG_6412.PNG

Comments
cloudsmaker

about time...

michaelwcarper

Thank you for implementing this for the iOS. However, I noticed that the sorting works differently between iOS and Windows. In Windows, parentheses (and presumably any kind of punctuation or non-letter) goes in front of A-Z. In iOS, parentheses are ignored, and the next letter determines the A-Z sort.

Nearlynubile
this is a ridiculously obvious feature. Get it done.
MattSuda

Hey @Nearlynubile

Yes this is possible to change the sort order of playlists since version 3.4 of the app.

When you are in a playlist scroll up the the top and tap on this:

iOSsort.png

christbi2

I want to sort my playlist by recently added track everytime I enter a playlist. Is there a way to save the filter?

veikkah

Filtering works yeah, but everytime i get out of that playlist and go back the filtering is gone? you expect me to put it on eveytime i listen Spotify?

MattSuda

Hey @christbi2 @veikkah

The sort order should now be saved even after you leave a playlist in the new version 3.9 of the iOS app. Make sure you are updated to the latest version.

Miaofuren

Could the same be implemented on the Windows platforms? Currently I have a Microsoft Lumia 640 phone with Windows 10, where this functionality doesn't exist.

I have my own playlist with about 500 songs, currently it is grouped by oldest > newest song. So if I would like to listen to one of my recently added songs, I have to scroll all the way down.

It is also not possible to scroll fast by holding the scroll bar and going down. So I have to scroll for like a minute before I get there, which is really ennoying!!!

Toygrape
Agreed. It would also be nice if we could put them in BPM order. I use djay 2 to pull from my Spotify playlists and sometimes I want to delete a song that is being mixed in the djay app but when I go to Spotify it is hard to find the track I want as you all know. Spotify seems to not be created for the user but more fore themselves.
kanegarland

Nicely done Spotify, been waiting for this feature for a while now. Saves my scrolling for a minute everytime I want to here the lastest tune added to a playlist.