Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Sort and filter tracks inside a playlist (iOS)

Previously, community member @ kelvin0mql submitted the idea for an improved search feature on mobile. 

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Mobile-App-Sort-and-Search/idi-p/34441

While we're happy to announce the we've imlemented the ability to search tracks you've already synced on the Android platform, we haven't quite implemented the feature for iOS.

Please add your kudos to this idea if you'd like to see this implemented. 

Hey folks,

We're happy to say users can now sort and filter songs in their playlists on iOS devices. Just open your playlist and scroll to the top of the screen. There you will see the 'Filter' search bar and the option to sort just to the right. Thanks for your feedback everyone!

IMG_6411.PNG

IMG_6412.PNG

Comments
sonny777

It's been done and sorting is nice for sure !

However when I sort by date on iOS the last added goes at the top.

How can I make the last added song go at the bottom, like you can click on the arrow on Mac to do that?

Any idea?

Thanks!

epavlenko
For some reasone my Starred playlist on iOS is sorted by ascending add date/time. Why should I listen my oldest music first? This is a problem. Please implement at least ability sort by descending add date/time.
jillianw

Any updates when this feature will be coming to IOS? Really sick of having to scroll through my playlist to the bottom to access my new songs.

lilconor

Is this update and adding the search within playlist feature ever going to emerge for the windows app? Seriously considering canceling my premium account because of how god awful the windows app is. 

People keep commenting how there are sort features..

Soptify needs to give the option to the Playlist OWNER.. so when you are accessing someone elses playlist, you get the sorting default they want you to have..

This should be bloody simple..

The default should be this anyway.. The DJ's that are running playlists sometimes have 200 songs in their list, which means a new listener doesn't hear the newest tracks, or needs to scroll through all the songs.

Shabghaibobby86

I also find it absurd that this feature hasn't been mare available to i-phone users. So here's my "kudos" in support of this issue getting immediate attention. Thanks to everyone for taking the time to add their input to improve our user experience and highlight needed improvements  so that the people at Spotify can focus their efforts on what really matters to the average joe listener. I gotta end this by saying just how much I love this app!

skschlusk

Would it not be possible also to sort the playlist PERMANENTLY so that it does not simply revert to its original upside-down state when you come back to it?

aoteifa

Thanks a million.  Been looking for this option for years.  Definitely not intuitive but at least it's there. 

faymeansfairy

I just got on to ask for this feature and then saw that it was implemented--I just didn't know where to look for it. Woo hoo!

Kaytinezz

I really hope they make it possible to put songs and artists in alphabetical order. It was be soooo much more convinient and helpful!!