Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Sort and filter tracks inside a playlist (iOS)

Previously, community member @ kelvin0mql submitted the idea for an improved search feature on mobile. 

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Mobile-App-Sort-and-Search/idi-p/34441

While we're happy to announce the we've imlemented the ability to search tracks you've already synced on the Android platform, we haven't quite implemented the feature for iOS.

Please add your kudos to this idea if you'd like to see this implemented. 

Hey folks,

We're happy to say users can now sort and filter songs in their playlists on iOS devices. Just open your playlist and scroll to the top of the screen. There you will see the 'Filter' search bar and the option to sort just to the right. Thanks for your feedback everyone!

IMG_6411.PNG

IMG_6412.PNG

Comments
ajuarbe123

This idea has been brought up in February of 2012. Android has it and not iOS.  I'm sure spotify doesn't care about iOS users concerns. Beats music has this feature but doesn't have a queue. rdio has Both. I'm thinking of just payingt hem for a full year and forget about spotify

Tuuros

This should be hot- and topidea number one! 

dac2728

Just adding my wish to PLEASE put in a filter for artist/song/download date for spotify on the IOS system... very frustrating using this on mobile without it.  

dac2728

or, atleast put in the feature that if you sort by artist etc. from your desktop it updates accordingly on mobile.

ajuarbe123
You shouldn't have to do it from desktop for it to be organized in mobile. If android has it, why not ios? Beats music is able to do it on ios. Rdio organizes everything. My spotify playlist has become a mess and in tired of it
Willferox
Genuinely can't understand how this isn't a standard thing on the iphone like it is on my PC. Especially considering I pay for Spotify Premium and treat it as a serious music listening device. I use it to stream music wirelessly through my speakers and yet I can't even systematically view my songs as a catalogue. It's like going into a huge music store and finding that every CD has been arranged in the order that the store bought the CD.
Willferox
I remember Winamp was able to arrange tracks alphabetically at the click of a button, and that was in 1997.
ToastRoth

I just changed from android to iPhone and was honestly surprised that i could sort my playlist on my adroid but cannot do so on iPhone. This feature would be very helpful as I like to search by artist name. 

spike420

So I applied the new update which basically changes the entire UI, but you still can't **bleep**ing sort playlists.

HOW IS THIS NOT IMPLEMENTED YET? A 5 YEAR OLD COULD CODE THAT **bleep**

spike420

At least add the option to have new ssongs on top, scrolling to the bottom is a F U C K I N G pain