Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Sort and filter tracks inside a playlist (iOS)

Previously, community member @ kelvin0mql submitted the idea for an improved search feature on mobile. 

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Mobile-App-Sort-and-Search/idi-p/34441

While we're happy to announce the we've imlemented the ability to search tracks you've already synced on the Android platform, we haven't quite implemented the feature for iOS.

Please add your kudos to this idea if you'd like to see this implemented. 

Hey folks,

We're happy to say users can now sort and filter songs in their playlists on iOS devices. Just open your playlist and scroll to the top of the screen. There you will see the 'Filter' search bar and the option to sort just to the right. Thanks for your feedback everyone!

IMG_6411.PNG

IMG_6412.PNG

Comments
reesyy
Apple Music gonna have it 😁
damani

Hi has the issue of sorting songs within a playlist been resolved? if so teach me! thanks

thanatos8301

Hey Guys, 
the @spotiy_cares twitter account told me to post my issue here. 

I really would like to have an option where I can choose the order of the tracks in my playlist. 
So neither an alphabetical or recently added order.... 

I would like to choose which songs follows after each other. 
For me it is important to create certain atmospheres,... 

or 

In case I create a playlist for a festival I would like to add songs of artist in running order.

I hope this post is not commented twice here 

Greetz. 

Sebastian

jdtibbett
Spotify please add all android sort features to the iOS platform as well. The fact that iOS does not have the same sort features as android is a testimony to poor app development.
mscript

I have know idea how licesinig fees work. But if Spotify pays every time i start a song then this feature would definetly save some money. Instead of having to skip through to the song i want i would be able to organize the playlist. 

superjunior

Finally, sorting on recently added etc. is here! But, it doesn't remember the setting when switching between playlists.

MattSuda

Good news!

You can sort playlists in the new version 3.4

iOSsort.png

thanatos8301

Nice Idea... 

but i don't have any iOS device. In my comment before I was talking about a function in general, so crossplatform.
And is there a chance to sort the trackslike you wish to ? So that it's my own choice what track follows another ? 

meahtenoha
Status changed to: Implemented

Hey folks,

We're happy to say users can now sort and filter songs in their playlists on iOS devices. Just open your playlist and scroll to the top of the screen. There you will see the 'Filter' search bar and the option to sort just to the right. Thanks for your feedback everyone!

IMG_6411.PNG

IMG_6412.PNG