Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect For Desktop App

To add the Spotify Connect feature to the desktop application, so it's possible to remote control desktop Spotify from a phone.

[Mod edit - clarified idea and removed second idea in post. If you'd like DLNA support in Spotify, please head here.]

2014/10/09

Hi guys,

I think the next update will have connect feature.

Meanwhile you can download the beta version here: http://download.spotify.com/beta/spotify_installer-1.0.0.477.g16adf20f-2921.exe

PC-VERSION.

You can find in the web MAC-VERSION.

Thank you all.
I love you all.

dalevich.

2014-11-14

We are thrilled to say this very popular idea is now implemented!

We’ve just released a great new Premium feature, which lets you play Spotify through your computer, using your phone or tablet as a remote. You can read more about Connect for computers here or check out the video below:

Comments
Perwin

Why is this option available on windows 10 mobile. And are there plans for a UWP app so that i kan use it on all windows devices' included xbox?

Desirsar

Love the feature...  now how do I unlink them?  I want the playlist and queue on the desktop to be only on the desktop, and the playlist and queue on the phone to be only on the phone.  When I hit play on the desktop, I expect the desktop client to play.  When I hit play on my phone, I expect my phone to play.  When I want one device to control the other, I will specifiy explicitly.

Sounds good to me.
Smellylegs

A recent update seems to have made this feature based off of your wi-fi connection rather than your account.  This is a problem because I don't use wi-fi.  I really love this feature, and would love to be able to use it again.

spinney1954

what is your phone number this is why i won't go premium?

ndw8790

Hi

It works, but only if the spotify on the desktop and on my mobile are using the same account.

It doesn't work like a "Spotify Connect" on e.g. a Bose Soundlink loudspeaker.

best regards,

Nicolas

tiger10000

Spotify connect on my the windows app doesn't show my google home devices or my chromecast audio devices unless that device is already playing.  I tried uninstalling and installing the app on my pc.

mrbulldops

Having a similar issue. My laptop spotify (Mac running 10.13.6) with up to date spotify only shows devices available if I first use my phone and start playing a song.  I can never initiate this from my desktop app.

Once I have started a song from my phone on the device, it functions as normal. Frustrating step to have to do each time

JessyJxAZZ

You can also download Spotify safely from the address here. https://www.huuq.net/spotify-download-for-windows/

JessyJxAZZ