Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect on Smart TV/Streaming Devices

Please add Spotify Connect capability to internet TV devices such as Roku, SmartTV, blu-ray players, etc.

Updated: 2015-06-18

Hi @musicfan145 Spotify Connect is already supported on the Amazon Fire TV, Libratone Diva, and Philips Smart TV. We're always working to add new partners, and we will update our website here when there are any additions. 

Comments
Batenovski

My Marantz SR 5006 is connected tot my Samsung F7000 smart-tv. (HDMI)

My (android) phone can connect with laptop and pc (windows 8/7) But cant connect with smart-tv or receiver. I see it can connect (wireless) with a newer model of my reciever (5007).

Don't understand why the app on my Samsung is so crappy! Fix the app or fix the 'connect' function. 

Streaming music to Chromecast is also not possible.

Thinking about quitting my premium account.

MollieWL

I would love the Smart TV APP to have the Connect feature.

Now i really not use my premium account like i want to.

And it feels a bit strange to have a new bluetooth device to connect to my Receiver as i have a brand new 2014 model tv.

Does anyone know anything about this being in progress or..

Thanks!

mairdan13
The only workaround I have found so far for this issue is to create a playlist on your device or TV (doesn't matter which) thenpopulate tht playlist from your device whilst streaming the content in that list to your TV. 
You can stream the music on your TV at the same time as searching for and loading music into the playlist from your device.
Both apps can be open at the same time but only one can stream content. 
So it's kind of accumulating a queue which streams out of your tv.  
pastrami

I would love that feature on my Samsung TVs as well!

Also High Quality streaming would be awesome... where is the point otherwise in connecting Hi-Fi via optical out when the audio comes with 160kb/s

DocMartens
Please add Spotify Connect and high quality streaming to the Samsung Smart TV app.
dparchom

I was recently referred to Spotify. Downloaded to laptop, iPhone and Samsung TV. Lot's of cool features and was prepared to pay the fee for Premium, however the inabilty to use Connect with my TV is a game changer. I use my TV as my primary audio device at home. Should be an easy enough feature to add especially if you're having us pay for it. Many other Samsung TV apps have this feature, such as Youtube. Maybe I'll come back to Spotify in the future after the development team gets around to adding this simple feature.

pinksteady
It may not be as easy as everyone thinks to implement this. It would require a Spotify service running constantly in the background on the TV. Samsung may not allow 3rd party apps to run in the background in this way - I'm not sure. I would have thought though, that as long as Spotify is running on the Samsung TV, then Connect should be available, but again I think it depends on the functional environment Samsung make available to 3rd party apps (I.e. Can they broadcast network streams etc or do they just get basic internet access only).
meahtenoha
Status changed to: Implemented
Updated: 2015-06-18

Hi @musicfan145 Spotify Connect is already supported on the Amazon Fire TV, Libratone Diva, and Philips Smart TV. We're always working to add new partners, and we will update our website here when there are any additions. 

SirFarq
I find it ridiculous that this is not already integrated to the LG app.

I'm just going to dig this up to say, THE SPOTIFY APP FOR ROKU PLATFORM REALLY NEEDS AN UPGRADE. Please add Spotify Connect to the Roku. I'd hate to leave premium because it's become an inconvience to listen to music on what is now my only streaming device in the house.

Yeah, I'm going to probably copy and paste this very same thing a couple of places because I have no idea where it will be noticed and acknowledged at. The Spotify people seem to be neglecting the Roku owners in their community and it's disappointing. I shouldn't have to do this... but you kind of brought this upon yourselves for not paying attention to several people over time