Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Radio on Mobile

It would be nice just to plug the phone on the car stereo and play one of the spotify radio stations and forget about it.

With radio already on iOS and arriving on Android yesterday, I'm setting this to implemented. Should anyone feel compelled to submit a new "Idea" for WP, then please do so.
Comments
bashi2003

I´m missing this button a lot. Sometimes i want to hear som kind of music but missing ideas to find it. Whats the reason, that this button is not implemented in the apps?!

Sam

Bashi2003 - I've moved your post over here, as it's already been mentioned. As you can see, the Idea is 'Planned'.

harima

can't wait for this function!!!

bashi2003

me too!

axhem

I definitely support this. It is my favourite way to discover new artists and songs on the desktop app. I miss this function on the mobile app since I am premium (two years ago). I wonder when it will be available for Android devices, not only Ice Cream Sandwich ones...

cgoad27

The reason I switched to Spotify a few months ago was because I was willing to pay a monthly fee to listen to the songs I want.  In addition to that, I really enjoyed your Radio App on the PC Desktop platform and it would replace my use of Pandora.  After I signed up for a Premium Membership, I was shocked to find that the Radio App was not available for my mobile device (iPhone 4s).  I think you should be able to create a radio from artists or songs from your mobile device.  If for nothing else, it will be safer for drivers so that they aren't constantly changing songs and being distracted while driving.

Bryanhutch
Try the Spoton app which links to your Spotify account and plays artist based radio.
jordam100

I just started my spotify premium trial after having a fallout with pandora after their recent stance change and agressive anti third party updates.

I am glad to see the open stance on third party development here, and allthough I am sad that this feature isnt here yet I am thrilled you have allowed third partys to fill the gap in the mean time.

Anyways, hope to see this done soon!

Kaibosh

Really can't save enough how much this is needed.. I vote for it multiple times if I could, and will possibly be the main reason for me not renewing.

Bummer that there isn't a similar app to Spoton (as mentioned by Bryanhutch for the iphone) for Android to fill the gaping huge hole.

ViaCapita

I've been a paying customer of Spotify for a number of months now.  Not for radio, or the lack of radio for mobile devices but because its hands down the best music playing software to date.  

Now I understand that adding the much needed radio to the mobile application is a planned feature.  Is there anyway we can speed up the development?  Do you need more testers (soak or beta)?  I'd be willing to volunteer as this feature is extremely important.  

Also, does Spotify's mobile application have an open API?