Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Video on Apple TV

With Video coming to Spotify, it feels like a real missed opportunity that there is no video on the Spotify Apple TV app. I would love to be able to watch podcasts or shows on Spotify on my Apple TV. I assume this is already in the works, but if it's not it should be. If it is, when will we see it?

Updated on 2021-04-09

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that podcast video is now available on Apple TV. 

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Happy listening and watching!

Comments
forum83

**bleep**!

Just a quick update as of 2/10/2021

You still can't watch video on the Apple TV.

BUT you can watch Joe Rogan address this exact issue on YouTube and Apple TV, but not on the platform that paid over 100 million to have exclusive rights to him.

Developers/Business people/Podcasters/People with common sense... please take note of this complete failure from a major tech company. Then come to complete realization that actual human beings (like you and me) run this company and make these types of decisions. This gives me great joy knowing... I am at least smarter than people running Spotify. 

The viewership for JRE has dropped off like brick since the move and Spotify/Joe Rogan can only blame themselves.

Feel free to watch the clip here on your Apple TV or Xbox or PS or Phone or Browser or any other f**** device. Also there are things called comments that you can read as well below the video. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdoLPtCCDsE 

Missinglink

Wow this is complete bs. I can’t watch this on Apple tv

Rannd

I’m probably going to unsubscribe from Spotify because of this issue. I came here because I wanted to watch Joe Rogan via airplay on my tv and yet Spotify can’t do such a simple thing. Absolutely ridiculous.

juanpi6

That's exactly what I've been saying this whole time.....I would understand it could take a couple of weeks to get it implemented but here we are in March.....almost a year after their deal was signed and no video support for a bunch of TV platforms. How complicated can it be if they have a bunch of devs and the apps are available already. Like, did you sign podcasts deals and didn't think about the video playback? You thought it was a good strategy to scoop top podcasts from Youtube but didn't think about this?? I once praised spotify's UX and UI, I used to think they had some of the best devs. I literally don't want to watch Rogan anymore because of the video playback and yes what a pain in the ass to hold your phone all the time or just have the audio. 

Also, on the TV apps, you can't scroll back or fwd using the bar, the only way is to hit the 15 Sec button. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes???? This shouldn't be a special request you get people to vote on, these are BASIC features and you've had plenty of time. Get it together Spotify.

troymeekhof1

What a concept! Play VIDEO on a TV? Who would have thought?

Apparently not spotify. Not happy at all with their new podcast platform, even months later.

ideasite

This has to be deliberate.  Any programmer with half a brain could do this.  Spotify has dropped podcast playback from their website and now forces use of their app which actively blocks streaming the podcast to an Apple TV.  It's either greed on the part of Spotify or censorship. This is not a technical issue and never was.  It's also unbearable to keep hearing Joe Rogan's voice at the end of every YouTube clip claiming that the entire library can be "... easily and seamlessly viewed, paused, downloaded on any device all for free..."  Absolutely false.

FishMonk

Spotify apparently you need to hire people with better programming skills. If your people are too stupid to fix this, I will come do it for you for free. I can have it up and running in one day. It's not rocket science. 

Maybe they need to stop worrying about transphobia bull **bleep** and do their job. 

Elena
Status changed to: Implemented

Updated on 2021-04-09

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that podcast video is now available on Apple TV. 

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Happy listening and watching!

Sanikko

Thanks a lot you guys!! well done. I know maybe it's too much to ask but also bring PIP support 

Paul775

No Spotify app is still trash garbage and the worst doesn’t work on anything I have the newest iPhone and newest Apple TV 4K  it works but stops and reloads and continuously in my car everywhere I use it it’s the app not what I’m using, this is absolutely ridiculous this app is trash that’s why I don’t use it for music  if you fix your damn app and stop paying podcasting money maybe you’ll survive but you’re on the brink of losing it all  I continuously say I hate Spotify