Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Xbox One app

I'm aware that a large majority of Spotify users won't be gamers but with Microsoft's latest console, the Xbox One, do you think it'd be possible to get a Spotify app? Now that it's possible to multi-task and stream while you game the opportunity to gain new monthly subscribers is massive.

It's already possible as seen with Microsofts new service "Xbox Music" which features heavily in the new console. I know I'd definitely use the app if there was one. Anyone else?

Updated on 2017-08-09

Massive news in the Community today. We're implementing the second largest idea request for all of you.

xbox 2.jpg

Spotify is now available on Xbox One in 34 markets* around the world. The new integration means that millions of Xbox One gamers can now choose the perfect music from Spotify to provide a fresh soundtrack for every gaming session.

Spotify allows you to personalize your gaming experience through your saved music, pre-curated gaming playlists and the full catalogue of Spotify music in the background, while in game. Simply play music on demand, whether you are a free or Premium Spotify user. Creating your personalised gaming soundtrack has never been so simple.

For more information check out https://www.spotify.com/xbox/ and our FAQ here

*AR, AU, AT, BE, BR, CA, CL, CO, CZ, DE, DK, FI, FR, GR, HK, HU, IE, IT, JP, MX, NL, NZ, NO, PL, PT, SG, SK, ES, SE, CH, TW, TR, UK, US

Thanks for your continued feedback here, we're listening!

Comments
Robsil777

I absolutely support the idea, a Spotify app for Xbox one is completely necessary and required. I love using Xbox One for gaming and multimedia and I also delighted with Spotify, specially the Android app (with I use practically every day). I strongly suggest a collaboration with Microsoft in order to achieve this, it's clear win-win-win situation for Spotify-Microsoft-Xbox One user. The decision is obvious! Just work things out and take things to a new level, evolve in the clear direction things are headed. 👍 

awsmosis

I really would like to keep spotify, but without an xbox one app I'm going to migrate all my playlists as best I can and switch to something else.  I'm not sure what Spotify's motivation is to be exclusive to Playstation, but I think it was a really poor choice. 

jakubpas

It microsoft fault. They don't want competition to their own groove service. The only solution would be to support html5 and run spotify in edge on xbox.

sovamind
It is not because of Microsoft. Spotify hasn't done the minimal work on their application for use on Xbox. Their newest Windows 10 app could easily be made to run on Xbox but because they signed an exclusive deal with Sony to only be on Playstation it hasn't happened. If Microsoft refused to allow a competitor to Groove it would be anti-competitive and end up in court. Plus Pandora and other services are available already making your argument baseless.
remark3dcz

I realy missing connection to Xbox One, this is cause I stoped Premium. Is any chance that in near future the Spotify will not cooperate as monopol only with PS4? Thnx.

arielpagee

For me, what I see here is a typical case where the company cares more about money and too little about the customer.

Spotify doesn't care if there's a large percentage of premium users who'd love to get the app on xbox one, what they expect is that Microsoft will make them an offer for them to work on it.

It sickens me, since it would be a simple thing to do. 

While you may not be able to get Spotify directly, and natively, on the XBox 1, there are workarounds to stream Spotify to the Groove app on XB1 if you have a PC.  

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/55cwwd/guide_how_to_stream_spotify_and_other_sources_to/

I just did this last night and it works like a champ.  You should probably mute the sound on your PC unless your PC is in another room, though.  There is a delay when you start/stop/skip music, too, but it's not a big deal if you just set up a playlist and let it play through.

awsmosis

Rallaster, I'd bear your children if I wasn't a dude.  Thanks buddy!!

I have spotify everywhere else.. Please make an Xbox/Windows 10 UWP app.

The lack of Xbox App is what is stopping me from going premium

ModernSaiyan

This is ModernSaiyan. I have always loved Spotify as long as I've used it. It's has many different features Pandora doesn't. As of now Pandora's Xbox app is trash. It constantly fails to load, I have to restart my xbox, and songs quit halfway through. Right now I'm trying to decide if I want a Spotify subscription or Pandora. Like I said I love Spotify but I feel like I use Pandora more now as I get on my Xbox for music everyday after school. If you could make some deal with Xbox to get a computer quality Spotify app on Xbox that would seal the deal for me and I would use you for life. Please take this into consideration. Thank you.