Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Xbox One app

I'm aware that a large majority of Spotify users won't be gamers but with Microsoft's latest console, the Xbox One, do you think it'd be possible to get a Spotify app? Now that it's possible to multi-task and stream while you game the opportunity to gain new monthly subscribers is massive.

It's already possible as seen with Microsofts new service "Xbox Music" which features heavily in the new console. I know I'd definitely use the app if there was one. Anyone else?

Updated on 2017-08-09

Massive news in the Community today. We're implementing the second largest idea request for all of you.

xbox 2.jpg

Spotify is now available on Xbox One in 34 markets* around the world. The new integration means that millions of Xbox One gamers can now choose the perfect music from Spotify to provide a fresh soundtrack for every gaming session.

Spotify allows you to personalize your gaming experience through your saved music, pre-curated gaming playlists and the full catalogue of Spotify music in the background, while in game. Simply play music on demand, whether you are a free or Premium Spotify user. Creating your personalised gaming soundtrack has never been so simple.

For more information check out https://www.spotify.com/xbox/ and our FAQ here

*AR, AU, AT, BE, BR, CA, CL, CO, CZ, DE, DK, FI, FR, GR, HK, HU, IE, IT, JP, MX, NL, NZ, NO, PL, PT, SG, SK, ES, SE, CH, TW, TR, UK, US

Thanks for your continued feedback here, we're listening!

Comments
Marco
Status changed to: Up for Votes

MrChewyBitems
Absolutely. And I know many other xbox one owners who are spotify subscribers as well. Spotify should utilize the snap feature so gamers can listen while they play.
Typhoon

Woud love to see this. I bought an XBOX One mainly for entertainment purposes rather then games so Spotify would just complete the package. For the record I'm now testing XBOX Music on a 30 day trial. So an annoucement before then would be good as I might just swap over.

The only negative I have about Spotify is it lack of Support. I am still waiting to hear on a Support call I raised months back. As I use facebook logon I need to access a device password. I never receive the emails. 

Bakerp1

Very good idea, I'm having to use pandora, amay if this doesn't get done will have to switch premium service over to pandora

parryb

Totally amazing do it, much better than having to get my laptop out in the living room

ecoqba
Just got the xbox one and I thought of the same thing. It would be perfect with Spotify. Xbox Music seems cool and all, but nothing like Spotify.
tsantz

I totally agree .. As soon as I started looking at the apps on the xbox one I looked for Spotify. I guess I just assumed it would be there since it's a no-brainer to me.. it makes perfect sense, DO IT!!!

madi2k

Perfect match! I don't want to switch to Xbox Music...

Willidude

I would love this as well. I have tried to think about ways to stream it through my phone on a snapped Xbox music... But hat isn't really possible. I would LOVE it if there was a spotify app. My vote for this is a resounding PLEASE SPOITIFY ADMINS, READ THIS AND MAKE THE APP!!!!

singamer

Actually, I'm quite impressed of the xbox one. It's indeed working as an entertainment centre in my living room. So If spotify is not submitting an xbox one App I will swop to xbox music. However, i'm very satisfied with spotify.

Cheers,

Dominik