Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Xbox One app

I'm aware that a large majority of Spotify users won't be gamers but with Microsoft's latest console, the Xbox One, do you think it'd be possible to get a Spotify app? Now that it's possible to multi-task and stream while you game the opportunity to gain new monthly subscribers is massive.

It's already possible as seen with Microsofts new service "Xbox Music" which features heavily in the new console. I know I'd definitely use the app if there was one. Anyone else?

Updated on 2017-08-09

Massive news in the Community today. We're implementing the second largest idea request for all of you.

xbox 2.jpg

Spotify is now available on Xbox One in 34 markets* around the world. The new integration means that millions of Xbox One gamers can now choose the perfect music from Spotify to provide a fresh soundtrack for every gaming session.

Spotify allows you to personalize your gaming experience through your saved music, pre-curated gaming playlists and the full catalogue of Spotify music in the background, while in game. Simply play music on demand, whether you are a free or Premium Spotify user. Creating your personalised gaming soundtrack has never been so simple.

For more information check out https://www.spotify.com/xbox/ and our FAQ here

*AR, AU, AT, BE, BR, CA, CL, CO, CZ, DE, DK, FI, FR, GR, HK, HU, IE, IT, JP, MX, NL, NZ, NO, PL, PT, SG, SK, ES, SE, CH, TW, TR, UK, US

Thanks for your continued feedback here, we're listening!

Comments
blacklynx

I'll stick to this petition. I´m a premium suscriber and I really could like to have the same xperience on my xbox one. It's there any spotify announcement about this? a date?

LordMidas

A Spotify app would be most welcome. Espcially as if you go to spotify.com on the Xbox One IE browser you cannot use the Webplayer. You need Flash plugin.

I don't want to use Xbox Music. Spotify is where my playlists and other such musical goodness is. I look forward to this app. Thanks.

J-International

while we wait, they can make the webplayer in HTML5 and not that outdatet **bleep** that is flash.

then we can use spotify while we wait for the app

Bassblend
I doubt Microsoft would allow it as it will compete with the xbox music app. I really really really would hope to see them realize this idea though!!!
VvVDannyVvV

i pay for spotify prem and i would love to see this app for free to play and paided users deff somthing i would use offten, and make it to ware you could snap and play a game at the same time... that would be awesome

J-International

I dont see why MS would not allow it or refuse, they should be open to competion, and they all ready have apps like Hulu +, Netflix, Vudu and Amazon Instant Video, that a direct competion to Xbox Video & TV, so why not spotify?

yajtyler
or apps for the Xbox 360 or ps3 for us poor people, lol..
mmehdija

Dear spotify - Please make an xbox one app.  I would hate to have to use xbox music, but because the best speakers in the house are connected to my xbox, I would have to do that.  Please spotify.

BusheBoy

I've been hoping for an Xbox app for Spotify for a while.  I know Microsoft have their own music service but theres no way that I'm paying for two music services.  Microsoft already get enough money out of me.

minus1

It is definitely a good idea to expand spotify to xbox one. my entertainment experience will be enhanced then! thumb up!