Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Xbox One app

I'm aware that a large majority of Spotify users won't be gamers but with Microsoft's latest console, the Xbox One, do you think it'd be possible to get a Spotify app? Now that it's possible to multi-task and stream while you game the opportunity to gain new monthly subscribers is massive.

It's already possible as seen with Microsofts new service "Xbox Music" which features heavily in the new console. I know I'd definitely use the app if there was one. Anyone else?

Updated on 2017-08-09

Massive news in the Community today. We're implementing the second largest idea request for all of you.

xbox 2.jpg

Spotify is now available on Xbox One in 34 markets* around the world. The new integration means that millions of Xbox One gamers can now choose the perfect music from Spotify to provide a fresh soundtrack for every gaming session.

Spotify allows you to personalize your gaming experience through your saved music, pre-curated gaming playlists and the full catalogue of Spotify music in the background, while in game. Simply play music on demand, whether you are a free or Premium Spotify user. Creating your personalised gaming soundtrack has never been so simple.

For more information check out https://www.spotify.com/xbox/ and our FAQ here

*AR, AU, AT, BE, BR, CA, CL, CO, CZ, DE, DK, FI, FR, GR, HK, HU, IE, IT, JP, MX, NL, NZ, NO, PL, PT, SG, SK, ES, SE, CH, TW, TR, UK, US

Thanks for your continued feedback here, we're listening!

Comments
JuanCar

+1

chplusink

XBox Music is actually pretty good, especially the visual aspects of their user interface (visuals during playback and clean UI aspects).  However, the independent music selection isn't as robust as Spotify's.  If you don't listen to much independent music, I suggest trying Xbox Music on XBox One, it's very similar and certainly looks a lot better than any Spotify UI (it also has a web player and mobile apps).

That said, a majority of the music I listen to is independent, so I'm waiting for MS to negotiate more music partnerships or Spotify to build an app.  Until then, no paid subscription for any service.

Spotify on Xbox One would be amazing! If you make an App, please try to get a background feature or at least snap.

AbePetrillo

Definately would like to see this happen. Was suprised when I didn't see this in the xbox one store

guitfnky

+1+9,999,999,999,999

I would love this so much.

Cjclovesyou
Can a Spotify representative please comment on this?! Lol
Cjclovesyou
Awesome idea.
patrick_kilgore

+1, please do this.

ianlellis

Been a subscriber for nearly 3 years now... sadly, I think I'm about to jump ship to Xbox Music for mear ease of use...
I've dumped a lot of money in to trying to make Spotify work in all the places I go (Apple TV just to Airplay Spotify, Sonos in the bedroom, time to sacrifice I guess because I'm really tired of jumping through hoops.

arope28

Pandora has made it easy on the Xbox One - well, easy in that it works in the absence of a dedicated app. In Internet Explorer, just go to the Pandora website and bam - you're in the web player. Spotify needs to do at least that. If I go to the Spotify website via IE on the Xbox One, it looks like I can get to the web player, but unfortunately I need Adobe Flash and Adobe doesn't make an Xbox One version. No Spotify. Only Xbox Music and Pandora.