Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify on LG Smart TVs

Same as Samsung Smart TV app, but for LG Smart Tv's.

Can you reuse the source code? My premium subs is there 😉

Thanks.

Ask and you shall receive.

We're excited to announce that Spotify took yet another step into your living room! Spotify is now available on LG Smart TVs in more than 30 countries.

Getting Spotify on your LG Smart TV is easy: simply download the Spotify app to your internet-connected Smart TV, and then log in or create a new account. Click here for more info.

Enjoy the music!

Comments

please please gimme spotify on LG TV! I have tried everything to get around it but cant!

Mobyfan

melkno, not sure how you got yours to work. My LG TV doesn't seem to have Flash installed. Or at least not a version Spotify expects. I can load up the webpage, but upon the log in screen it gives me a "Flash Required" error message. Which then will send you to Adobe's site. But there are multiple linux versions to pick from (guess that is what the TV is running), so don't know which one is the right one assuming any of them are.

What we really need is an APP Spotify! With apps for Samsung TV's and some Android USB sticks and Roku boxes etc. I do not know why this has not already been done yet. Particularly with your partnership with LG on blu ray players. Why not the TVs too? Curious. And annoying. It seems like I have no current way to get music from your service into my home theatre system. Not with my game systems. Not with a Chromecast, not through the TV...I am blocked at every avenue. Whereas with Google Music I have multiple ways to play my music through my TV/home theatre. This is a shortcoming that needs to be addressed immedately. Otherwise Google gets the nod here.

Rauschaxleman

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tech/news/a538504/spotify-comes-to-lg-smart-tv-line.html

Looks like all the owners of 2013 models are getting a nice Christmas present, what a treat......... All us unfortunate owners of 2012 LG models can go and take a run and jump.....

Ba!!! humbug  LG and Spotify........................................................................................................

Matze

That's typical for LG. They don't know anything about customer loyalty. As soon as your product is discontinued you are screwed. I'll never buy a LG TV again.

Rorey
Status changed to: Implemented

Ask and you shall receive.

We're excited to announce that Spotify took yet another step into your living room! Spotify is now available on LG Smart TVs in more than 30 countries.

Getting Spotify on your LG Smart TV is easy: simply download the Spotify app to your internet-connected Smart TV, and then log in or create a new account. Click here for more info.

Enjoy the music!

Mobyfan
Supporting only last year's models does me no good. My TV is only a year older. I fully expect both Spotify and LG to support it else both lose my future business. Your choice!
ducapippo

i have an idea to resolve this problem...today i'll go to an electronic store, with usb pen, i want to install the spotify app in external drive in a 2013 lg smart tv model, and then put the pen in my tv, there's a hope it will be work?

lucasmendes

Deezer is already working on my LG TV, but Spotify is not ... 

Mikey44

Rorey, you call that crappy app "implemented"????

It doesn't even sound fine, with music jumping every 30 seconds or so!!! Looks and sounds terrible!

Trisdov
It's search functions are pretty limited to be honest. I cannot for the life of me find premade play lists I.e uk top 50. It's all individual tracks or albums. Can you please make it more searchable....