Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Starting a radio plays song you choose as base

It's annoying that when i get to a song i'm feeling, and i right click and go to "start radio" the radio plays a different song then the one i choose. It would be great if spotify just went right into the radio without skipping or even pausing the current song. Then after that played a new song that sounds similar.

Updated: 2015-04-13

Hey guys, we're happy to say this is implemented for Premium users on any device, and Free users using a desktop or tablet. 

Free users on mobile devices can shuffle songs and start radio stations, streaming on demand is still a Premium-only feature

Thanks for all your feedback!

Comments
adsti3

This seems to have been changed for the worse.

I think song radio should start with the base song, but now when I click “Go to Radio” for a song it goes to a station without the original song and with only a few artists. Here’s an example from Kurt Vile’s “Loading Zones”. No Kurt Vile songs (only Kurt and Courtney Barnett) and not starting with the original! No good!7BB7F0A8-0D10-49A4-87E8-4911EDA97C80.jpeg

**bleep** this! Going back to sound cloud!!

naganataka

I don’t get it. For a while Spotify had it seamlessly start a radio station mid-way through the base song. Then that feature went away and now it either shuffles to a new  song or forces you to start the base song over. Whaaaat? They’ve shown they have the ability to do it right, and I doubt anyone was asking for anything different. Please, Spotify, restore this feature! Thank you. 

naganataka

A month and nothing but crickets from the Spotify people on this.  Seems like they aren't really monitoring these boards.  I'm going to check out Pandora.  I've heard they've really improved their premium service.  It's the same price as Spotify and offers a 60-day trial.  Hopefully they're more on top of their game.

SpotTrooper
ALERT this must come back ! Before (some updates you did) A song radio would kick off with the song you've been listening to, but now when you select from a playing song this last one will not be onto the playlist, meaning you have to stop music and start playlist which is really annoying. Cant you just put this feature back please ?
a2go

I'm a premium member and suffer from this issue as well, even though it's mentioned as implemented. When I go to song radio not only that this is not the first song on the radio, most of the time it's not on the list at all.

muddle

Same here, please fix this — the feature used to work in previous realease version.

StevoNDaHoodson

This is 7 years later and they've now disabled this feature. When I create a "song radio" from a song, that song does not transition to the radio, and even worse, the song is not even in the radio. Why would I want a song radio without having the song in the playlist?

Please revert this feature change. Thank you!

-Stephen

Albeaud

Why would you implement the feature and then get rid of it!?!? So frustrating. Please bring it back!!!

Rene01

Hi @Albeaud,

Not sure what you mean. I still have this option. You don't have the option (anymore)? Which platform are you using?

Regards,

René