Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Student discount in Sweden

Hello!

After seeing that you recently added a generous student discount for US college students, I wanted in!

I think that being able to subscribe to Spotify for half the price (49 SEK) would convert a lot of free subscribing students to paying customers. This would be a popular discount!

I have contacted the Swedish student discount organizations(Studentkortet and Mecenat), but I recommend students to contact your own students' union and link to this idea. Maybe we can actually make this happen!

Showing this kind of love for students is great! Horray for US students and kudos to Spotify! ❤️

Updated on 2017-08-25

Hey @frias we're happy to announce the Spotify Student Discount is now available for students in Sweden. Just click here to get started 🙂 https://www.spotify.com/se/student/

Screen Shot 2017-08-25 at 1.01.08 PM.png

Comments
meahtenoha
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated: 2016-03-16

Hej hej! We also think this is a good idea. Please continue to leave your kudos here and we'll update this idea if we have any news. Tack!

meahtenoha
Status changed to: Good idea, vote for it
Updated: 2016-03-16

Hej hej! We also think this is a good idea. Please continue to leave your kudos here and we'll update this idea if we have any news. Tack!

Lovesweden

I like it. If students can pay for Spotify one year, more people can love your service

smajliz

Im all for this idea! Think it would turn so many unpaying listeners into paying and that's a perk for spotify bur also for us customers (getting all the perks of premium). So DO IT! Do not put it as a "not now" because i think it needs little job for a great win. Do it ! DO it! DO IT! Seriously, it would be so great. So so so so so great! I also think you would get more new costumers. Even if it's not paying ones, the attention will improve te sales... God just do it.

All my loves ❤️

Cordish

Had to cancel my account today because now I'm a student 😪 Come on Sweden, give us student discount!!!!! Please!

firelle

Totally agree!!
It would show how much Sporify care about student.
It would be a great deal because there are many students that are trying to save money from here and there and are waiting for a discount to buy Spotify Premium!

evegren

This would definately convert me into a paying member!

meahtenoha
Status changed to: Implemented

Updated on 2017-08-25

Hey @frias we're happy to announce the Spotify Student Discount is now available for students in Sweden. Just click here to get started 🙂 https://www.spotify.com/se/student/

Screen Shot 2017-08-25 at 1.01.08 PM.png

So I just paid for this but because my school isn't listed I can't get it. How do I get my money back? 

It's not like I could see the list before I paid Spotify either. 

Sandorra

I am a Swedish student at so called Yrkeshogskola (Swedish) Which means it is not a "classic" University, although I have the student card decent and Students and are 100 % student, receiving student subsidy from CAN. Since the school is not in the list of Swedish schools I cant take part of the discount for students... Hence I think even so called Yrkeshogskolor scould be added to the list.