Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Subscribe to Artists

I know for a fact that myself and a lot of people I know would love a feature that lets you subscribe to an artist or a group, immediately letting one know when a new album/track has been released.

We're happy to announce that you are able now to follow artists in Spotify!

Just go to an artist's page in Spotify and click "follow" under the artists name at the top of the page. You'll receive a notification update in Spotify when tracks are added to the artists profile.

Read more about it here: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Announcements/Introducing-great-new-ways-to-discover-music/t...

Enjoy!

Comments
relgames

Hello, when is it going to be fixed? I never get any notifications about new albums. I'm subscribed to many artists.

Crossfademusic

I came on a Burgerking site when trying to visit freshspotify.com! Any alternatives other than freshspotify?

Thanks and Cheers!

Crossfade

umutkmrl

I'm from Turkey. And I follow "Radical Noise" band. But I didn't find albums on spotify. Please add to spotify. 

sandrakarlino

How come I don't get notification when new tracks/album are uploaded for an artist that I am following?

Andyrmiller

Would be really nice to have this feature in Carplay. I often listen to discover weekly or releases lists while driving. Have no way, other than a failing memory to them go and listen to more of their stuff. I know there are some restrictions on carplay but surely if it were just hitting one button that could not be considered unduly distracting. 

Another app where is extremely difficult to do is the Samsung TV app. 

Discovering new artists is perhaps your strongest selling point so think this is something worth you investing in. 

ltodorov9

Will this feature notify you also if that artist is featured on a track? 

Bij

I think notifications doesn't work when former albums were disables the re-enabled.

A few month ago I asked for some albums to be re-enabled and I just (luckily) discovered they were back...

getting some notification would have been nice.

nickthetalldude

I have notifications turned on, but am not receiving them for new music from artists.

For example, I’m following Beach House and CHVRCHES, and I have not been notified even once for each of their 4 newest singles or the new Beach House album.

Would like to see this fixed, as it’s evidently been an issue for a while, and it bothers both me and my friends.

JosephineSeptor
Thats great .... Does my follow show up here? https://open.spotify.com/artist/55uVoDcf3Q98yyH6wdNzdr
fishko17

When will this feature come back to Spotify?

I used to recevie inbox message notifying me any new release from my subscribed artist.