Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Subscribe to Artists

I know for a fact that myself and a lot of people I know would love a feature that lets you subscribe to an artist or a group, immediately letting one know when a new album/track has been released.

We're happy to announce that you are able now to follow artists in Spotify!

Just go to an artist's page in Spotify and click "follow" under the artists name at the top of the page. You'll receive a notification update in Spotify when tracks are added to the artists profile.

Read more about it here: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Announcements/Introducing-great-new-ways-to-discover-music/t...

Enjoy!

Comments
timiambeing

I have had a look at the two service mentioned above, and whilst they are useful and interesting they aren't really a solution to this situation. The object would be to have a button next to an artist (this could be an actual performing artist or a composer - I think at some point Spotify need to engage with it's classical listeners and differentiate, but I realise this depends on the metadata they get form the distributors) and when you find an artist you particularly like then you can click this button and the artist will be added to your favourite artists list. Then when any new releases hit the Spotify catalogue you will be informed (ideal in that list with a counter like David suggested above).

colorit7

I think there should be a feature that makes you able to subscribe to artists. So that you can see if the artists released any new songs or albums lately.

I would be very happy if you added this feature, because I've got plenty of artists that I listen to. But the artists haven't done a lot of songs so I have to search for them every time they release something. And sometimes it takes a little while before it appears on spottily, then I have to keep on searching the same thing over and over again.

Me and my friends would really appreciate this!

mholm815
Erwin

I would love to have artist alerts and updates within spotify itself, not having to go to http://www.freshspotify.com/. Tag an artist with 'alert' within the spotify program and put them in a fav artist list. Perhaps show a number next to the artist list that shows how much updates there are (like mail). Click on a artist within the list and see what's new. 

ikermerchan

+1

Nowadays I use LastFM app just to remember the bands that I like. I listen to a lot of different music, and sometimes I just one to see my 'library' to choose something to listen. This feature will be awesome!

codybristow16

spotify should make a follow button for each artist so if you press the follow button you would get a notice if they came out with a new cd on spotify Robot Happy

George

Or there could be a feed of Artists you follow that've released something new lately on the "What's New" page!! 🙂

kennylyngberg
I was just about to sugest this feature Web i Saw this post! It would REALY be a kriller feature!
wcarranza04

It would be nice if we could star artists. I have a bad memory rembering artists names. Just like the starred songs. On the phone app aswell, not just the desktop. Radio on the phone would be nice...

Thanks Spotify user.

William Carranza

vurtual

we7 does this...