Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Subscribe to Artists

I know for a fact that myself and a lot of people I know would love a feature that lets you subscribe to an artist or a group, immediately letting one know when a new album/track has been released.

We're happy to announce that you are able now to follow artists in Spotify!

Just go to an artist's page in Spotify and click "follow" under the artists name at the top of the page. You'll receive a notification update in Spotify when tracks are added to the artists profile.

Read more about it here: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Announcements/Introducing-great-new-ways-to-discover-music/t...

Enjoy!

Comments
SonicFlare

+1

I lack the possibility of making artists starred just like songs. It would give me the possibility of creating a library with quick links to my favourite artists so I can organize the music I enjoy. Spotify need the library structure capabilities of traditional media players.

RockxRolla

This feature alone would make me a permanent premium subscriber. Hope this feature will be avaiable soon.

SteveMcQueen36

HI, I am new. This is a fantastic idea! 

HarmLTC

How are things coming along, concerning this idea? Over a month ago, the status was changed to planned. What does that exactly mean? Is it definitive that it is going to be implemented? Can somebody give us an indication when 'Favourite Artists' will be available? I'm looking forward to it!

Nickyy

Since today im a Spotify Premium user.

Everything seems great untill I wanted to add a entire artist to my favorites.

The mobile app syncs great and everything works smoothly, the only thing is, the reason why I came to Spotify instead of having 10.000's of tracks in my iTunes, to safe some space on my mobile device.

I always want every single song of a certain artist I like, I thought, with Spotify, I don't have to download every song, every album myself since Spotify would take care of that.

How easy would it be if you could simply add an artist to favorites, make it available for offline, online, whatever you prefer.

You would always be updated and always have the latest music of artists you like...

CONCLUSION:

Spotify, why can't you integrate a fuction where you can add an artist to your favorites.

What's your opinion?

nicke12345

It would be nice if you could subscribe to skrillex as a example so you vould see when a new album is realesed

This idea is already asked, so this is duplicate.

krikelin

I 'implemented' a 'feature' in Spotify - Fanlists yesterday, the Fanlist. This is nothing more than a release with one track 'Subscribe to become a fan' that anyone adds as a single playlist to the top on their public profile. The subscription meter will be the list of fans as subscribers is fan. Cool and simple!

See it here.

theholycorn

This Idea combined with a decent display of your Library would be kickass!