Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Subscription] Student Discount iDeal Payment for the Netherlands

Hello Spotify,

Students in the Netherlands mostly pay with iDEAL, we don't have a CC. It is possible to pay with iDEAL for a regular premium subscription but not for the 'student discount subscription'. Can iDEAL be added as payment option?

Thank you,
Students from the Netherlands 

UPDATE: We have reached 100 votes! Thank you all! But we aren't there yet. I want iDEAL, we want iDEAL! Share this idea and let your friends/family/neighbors vote!

UPDATE2: Apperently a Spotify Community Manager made a mistake by updating this idea to 'Not Right Now'. I'm trying to get in contact with 

Updated on 2018-07-27

Hey folks! 

We appreciate you sharing your feedback on this idea in the Community.

We're happy to announce that it's now possible to pay via iDEAL in the Netherlands, for the student discount.

If you're eligible for the discount, it just became even easier to get rocking!

Thanks,
/M

Comments
DRBmasterZ

@Yowan076 wrote:

Welke student heeft er nou in godsnaam een creditcard? Zelfs m'n ouders hebben er geen..

Er zijn genoeg mensen die student zijn en een creditcard hebben. PS je kan gratis een debitcard aanvragen bij N26 en die kan je dan gebruiken voor je studentenkorting op spotify.
Dogxl

They make false promises! I read that when you already have an premiumaccount, the studentdischarge will be discharged automaticly. Didn't happen...

Melody
Status changed to: Implemented

Updated on 2018-07-27

Hey folks! 

We appreciate you sharing your feedback on this idea in the Community.

We're happy to announce that it's now possible to pay via iDEAL in the Netherlands, for the student discount.

If you're eligible for the discount, it just became even easier to get rocking!

Thanks,
/M

denisesegveld

Great News!

gehrlu

I understand taht you implemented iDeal but unfortunately i still can't use it. Currently i'm using the student discount with a CC and i would like to switch my payment method to iDeal but this option is still not available.

What's the current status om the implementation (for real)?

audreychu

Hi,

Today I tried to register Student Discount on Spotify but it always exists "404 not found". I have no idea what's going on and what should I do?