Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Subscription] Student Discount iDeal Payment for the Netherlands

Hello Spotify,

Students in the Netherlands mostly pay with iDEAL, we don't have a CC. It is possible to pay with iDEAL for a regular premium subscription but not for the 'student discount subscription'. Can iDEAL be added as payment option?

Thank you,
Students from the Netherlands 

UPDATE: We have reached 100 votes! Thank you all! But we aren't there yet. I want iDEAL, we want iDEAL! Share this idea and let your friends/family/neighbors vote!

UPDATE2: Apperently a Spotify Community Manager made a mistake by updating this idea to 'Not Right Now'. I'm trying to get in contact with 

Updated on 2018-07-27

Hey folks! 

We appreciate you sharing your feedback on this idea in the Community.

We're happy to announce that it's now possible to pay via iDEAL in the Netherlands, for the student discount.

If you're eligible for the discount, it just became even easier to get rocking!

Thanks,
/M

Comments
Rickroor

Same problem! Paypal would be a great start, but please add iDeal as a payment method 🙂

ideal
Stop sending me updates Please Please

@meahtenoha Derp? What has Quebec to do with The Netherlands? We are only asking to make iDeal available as a payment option when subscribing as a student.

frisbeesky

What does Quebec has to do with the idea of making iDeal available as a payment option when subcribing as a student?

k3nJiGz

Hi, i recently got deducted from my bank account 3x using my student discount.

Henrietvb

@meahtenoha What kind of answer about Quebec is that? Have you even read what our problem is?

meahtenoha
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Updated on 2017-05-18

Hey folks, apologies for the status confusion on this idea. I can confirm that the correct status for this iDeal payments for Student Discounts idea is 'Not Right Now'. While we don't have plans for this at the moment, this idea is still open for votes and comments. We're talking to our teams about your request for this and we'll let you know if we have any updates. Thanks for your feedback everyone. 

nathanvenendaal
Well, then I will just cancel my subscription.
Niamh97

I thought that Spotify was planning to make student discount possible for ALL STUDENTS, then why is it such a big deal for Spotify to add iDeal and PayPal as a choice for payment?

ali_rrr

This makes no sense. Why is it only available to use a credit card with student discount? Majority of students don't have credit cards. Why is it possible to pay with iDeal for a normal subscription but not with a student discount? Also, as a foreign student currently living in NL, if I use my Visa it will not let me have a student discount in NL, but only in the UK. However I can't get the discount there, as I'm not a student there.