Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Subscription] Student Discount iDeal Payment for the Netherlands

Hello Spotify,

Students in the Netherlands mostly pay with iDEAL, we don't have a CC. It is possible to pay with iDEAL for a regular premium subscription but not for the 'student discount subscription'. Can iDEAL be added as payment option?

Thank you,
Students from the Netherlands 

UPDATE: We have reached 100 votes! Thank you all! But we aren't there yet. I want iDEAL, we want iDEAL! Share this idea and let your friends/family/neighbors vote!

UPDATE2: Apperently a Spotify Community Manager made a mistake by updating this idea to 'Not Right Now'. I'm trying to get in contact with 

Updated on 2018-07-27

Hey folks! 

We appreciate you sharing your feedback on this idea in the Community.

We're happy to announce that it's now possible to pay via iDEAL in the Netherlands, for the student discount.

If you're eligible for the discount, it just became even easier to get rocking!

Thanks,
/M

Comments
DaSpookyNuts1

I need this so much! I find 10 euros per month quite expensive since I don't have a large income and my only way of paying online is with iDeal! Spotify, if you're reading this, please don't put it on ''Not Right Now'', but put it on ''implementing'' or ''right now''. You get what I mean. I'm pretty sure you'll get a lot more listeners, because the Netherlands might be small, but we are a country with 17 million strong people who like their music!

spydx

I agree that there should be more services to pay except the main issuers of cards.

I personally use PayPal for my subscription, and I would like to still use it, but since I care about what I spend money on and want my Student discount, you have to choose. 

So please let people have the option to stick to their preffered payment method.

robinsmeets

same here!

ArieKanarie

At least offer other methods like paypal etc.

dayzsiebren

If u are just indenting to scam us just let us know... dont play us

CenturioNL

This customer wants to pay a premium account !! Come on Spotify, extra users and extra income! 

JorisC

Not the most user friendly..

Been using spotify now for 3,5 years, always paid the normal premium fee a month, as a student. Finally I see that there's a student discount, can't make it work because I don't own a creditcard. Like most of the students here, we need iDeal. I think it's a bit twisted to give "student discount" without the students being able to use the discount...

Love Spotify, but this sucks..

Please make it work

Celesticsnow

As a student in the Netherlands, I find it strange that I can pay for my normal subscription with iDeal but not for the Student discount subscription while I am eligble for that too! As OP already mentioned, most students (I even dare to say every) in the Netherlands are using iDeal but doesnt have a creditcard! 

So Spotify come on! Tweak this! 

Martinvrijn

I got the same problem. Almost no student in NL has a creditcard. Like our studentloan isn't a big of a debt already. What is the point of this discount if nobody can buy it. This way its just spamming phone with those audio commercial breaks. Feel like this issue isn't taken seriously. Bad employer branding.

Marloes95

Please fix this glitch! I am checking daily whether I can finally pay for a student account. I guess I am not the only one, so you miss out on many members!!!