Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[WP8] Bring Spotify Free to Windows Phone

Hello everyone,

As of yesterday, Windows Phone owners can enjoy access to millions of songs across their smartphones for free. Listen to all your playlists, discover new music, or simply sit back and dig into your favourite artist’s entire back catalogue.

We’re also introducing a series of additional improvements throughout the app. Search results look better than ever before, and we’ve made it easier to browse the artists you love and discover related artists you might grow to love.

Spotify is available to Windows Phone 8 and 8.1 users right now, and can be downloaded in the Windows Phone Store.  Also, you can find more information on our blog.

Edit 18/12/18 - For the latest information on Windows Phone, please head to this thread.

Comments
phuser99

yes please windows phone. This should be treated like all other operating systems.

Shodani
Since i get premium with my Telekom contract i am not affected by this service, anyways I would totally vote for this as WP is the third big OS with great traction and the Spotify app there still lacks in usability. Make the free Service available would be a step in the right direction, but to be honest, fixing major issues should be first. I use the app since I got premium and Spotify is the only available Music Streaming service I can get on Contract with my provider, but the app itself is not really satisfying.
spiderpig
It is a god idea 🙂
metrop021
+1, agreed
RyanEatsLyons

Windows Phone is officially the 3rd ecosystem, PLEASE MAKE IT FREE!!

darkgift69
Yes please!
cdayo

+8X

ShaunKL

+1

I fully support Windows Phone parity.

Salexin
I've honestly given up on Spotify. The horrible app, lack of response from the developer and overall complacency to the uses requests for information is ridiculous. Rdio and Rhapsody are better alternatives on WIndows Phone. With this news, there is no longer a reason for me to keep paying for bad service. My subscription is cancelled.
HenryTheX
Please! Cant believe it is not available in the first place!