Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[WP8] Bring Spotify Free to Windows Phone

Hello everyone,

As of yesterday, Windows Phone owners can enjoy access to millions of songs across their smartphones for free. Listen to all your playlists, discover new music, or simply sit back and dig into your favourite artist’s entire back catalogue.

We’re also introducing a series of additional improvements throughout the app. Search results look better than ever before, and we’ve made it easier to browse the artists you love and discover related artists you might grow to love.

Spotify is available to Windows Phone 8 and 8.1 users right now, and can be downloaded in the Windows Phone Store.  Also, you can find more information on our blog.

Edit 18/12/18 - For the latest information on Windows Phone, please head to this thread.

Comments
MKEvert
Make it free for Windows Phone!
Cobbakazi
Add Spotify free for Windows Phone! The potential is huge and there's a lot of people who would use it!
eugene_kee
I think this concept is better than nokia mix radio because you don't have any choice to select at least a random play with your chosen artist. It is just plain radio experience without control. I like the idea that you can play randomly to your own playlist or just one artist to play their music even if it is just random. It's fine with me. So I hope they must bring this feature to wp too.
NinjaX
+920
smasherat

please bring the new spotify to wp8 and win8 as well! would make my day!

mavese
Bring it to windows phone
Undersky

I've been a paying customer for years, but ended my subscription due to Spotify's neglectance of the platform. Incredibly buggy app. If they indeed released Spotify Free, then I could at least try out the app once in a while to see if they've fixed the long pauses between songs issue, in which case I'll gladly pay again. Not until then though.

madakdouk

The app needs an update badly. This would be a good opportunity for Spotify to do that (even though it's long overdue).

mozziej

Please update the app (its crazy that iOS and Andoid apps are much better!). Please.. please.. And please create an app for Windows 8 and RT! 

rogerandersonuk
That's a vote from me too!