Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[WP8] Bring Spotify Free to Windows Phone

Hello everyone,

As of yesterday, Windows Phone owners can enjoy access to millions of songs across their smartphones for free. Listen to all your playlists, discover new music, or simply sit back and dig into your favourite artist’s entire back catalogue.

We’re also introducing a series of additional improvements throughout the app. Search results look better than ever before, and we’ve made it easier to browse the artists you love and discover related artists you might grow to love.

Spotify is available to Windows Phone 8 and 8.1 users right now, and can be downloaded in the Windows Phone Store.  Also, you can find more information on our blog.

Edit 18/12/18 - For the latest information on Windows Phone, please head to this thread.

Comments
MichaelJerzak

i... Fully Support this idea 😄

ThomasMorrell99
There's nothing else to say...we can scream and shout there's only a few reasons i don't pay for Spotify: -The Windows Phone app is terrible -No Windows RT support -And finally...the price (i don't listen via a desktop app; why can't i pay for unlimited on a mobile)
Superrod29

Would be awesome, i use spotify on my computer almost everyday! Don't want to sound greedy, but it would be great if it was free to listen on the windows 8 phone 🙂

murano
It would also be a good business idea. People are more likely to get premium if they get a chance to try out the free version first.
DennisvdG
Please release the update now! I already have 8.1 on my phone so there's no reason to hold back this update!
spotifyrob1n

when I check the version history it says last update in july last year, that is just ridicolous for an app that should be triple a according to the amount of advertising it receives through microsoft.. windows phone is growing faster and faster so should your acknowledgement about the platform..

Best regards,

a seriously concerned user

isaaac97
Make it free!!!
Mareo

Update for Windows Phone please!

groberts116
Bring Spotify to Windows phone 8 please
Bobsteriffic

Stil waiting for the new app, recently bought Premium because I had been using free for years and I can't wait until I can use it on my phone in an actuall pleasant way.