Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Your Library] Bring back Artist page that contains saved songs

After the new mobile app UI update, I can no longer click artist in "Your Library" to find all my saved songs from that artist. It will go the Search artisit page which only have popular songs and all album/singles/ep. This means I can no longer only play the songs I liked from that artist. 

It was not that annoying at first though. I hate the new UI anyway so I spent an hour to rollback the old iOS app.  But now Spotify also updated the Windows Desktop version and the library artist page is gone! Now that's very annoying because I can't rollback to old version and it will always automatically update to the stupid new version.

If Spotify ain't gonna fix this, i'll have to switch to Apple Music.

Updated on 2020-05-12

Hey folks,

We're marking this as implemented.

We appreciate you coming to the Community, and adding your votes and feedback to this idea.
Right now, on mobile and desktop clicking an artist in Your Library will allow you to view all of the saved songs you've got from that artist.

If you're not seeing this, we'd recommend reaching out by starting a new thread in the help boards.

Thanks!

Comments
Frdvp1
Hi guys,

Just noticed something that can be a temporary solution:

If you disable 4G for spotify, when you access artists in your library, instead of redirecting to the artist home page, sporty will show a tab named “downloaded songs”.

Jsherwood2009

Going from a long time native music app to a streaming service, I am severely annoyed by the fact that MY Library, is simply a search page for artists I have liked. If I wanted to search, i would go to SEARCH. If I want to listed to the music I have downloaded for offline music, by a single artist, GOOD LUCK. Every time I try to search an artist it brings me to a discover page. If I want to see music I liked, I have to sift through the ENTIRE “liked songs” playlist. This may work well for some people with 30-50 songs, but if I’m looking for an artist or track that I just have a hard time remembering exact name of, I don’t want to look through 3500 tracks to find it, missing it twice. This NEEDS TO BE FIXED. The MY library should be MINE and the SEARCH should be a SEARCH. Stop combining the 2.

constanceeliza

Looks like the issue is back again, after being “fixed” for a few days. Even if Spotify is “listening” to their users, this poor implementation of solutions is pushing me towards making the switch to Apple Music.

G_Loc

Courtesy reminder that Spotify doesn't care about what its users want.  There's apps out there which make moving your music collection to another service quick and relatively easy.  Let them know how you feel by dropping your paid subscription!

öäüß

Just testing apple music on itunes on a pc: All artists and all songs appear automatically in the library (as it was with spotify before their f$#!ing downgrade). Songs can even be sorted by countless properties, grouped ... manually sorted by dragging ...

bye bye spotify!

ChrisA1999
Good to know, logical - unlike Spotify.

Chris
ChrisA1999
Have to agree, they don't care.
BakisMurgia

I also want my saved tracks back! I don't like how it is right now.

Coaxsist90

You can kind of bring back the old functionality we're all missing by following every artist in your library. That can be done in bulk with a few clicks by using this web tool: https://www.nativenoise.co.za/spotify/follow-all-artists/ It'll need access to edit which artists you follow on your behalf which can later be revoked (the web tool tells you all this, btw) I haven't tested how this works long term, but hopefully this will tide people (and myself) over until Spotify realize what a terrible decision they made with the update we're all mad about and revert it.

gabrielpiasseta

Coaxsist90 this is amazing, thank you very much.