Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Your Library] Bring back Artist page that contains saved songs

After the new mobile app UI update, I can no longer click artist in "Your Library" to find all my saved songs from that artist. It will go the Search artisit page which only have popular songs and all album/singles/ep. This means I can no longer only play the songs I liked from that artist. 

It was not that annoying at first though. I hate the new UI anyway so I spent an hour to rollback the old iOS app.  But now Spotify also updated the Windows Desktop version and the library artist page is gone! Now that's very annoying because I can't rollback to old version and it will always automatically update to the stupid new version.

If Spotify ain't gonna fix this, i'll have to switch to Apple Music.

Updated on 2020-05-12

Hey folks,

We're marking this as implemented.

We appreciate you coming to the Community, and adding your votes and feedback to this idea.
Right now, on mobile and desktop clicking an artist in Your Library will allow you to view all of the saved songs you've got from that artist.

If you're not seeing this, we'd recommend reaching out by starting a new thread in the help boards.

Thanks!

Comments
Hallouminati

I still don’t see this. It was unbelievable that you removed Artists from, well, Artists in the first place. When can we see the update?

tttpapi

No reaction, no solution. It looks like spotify realized that a new better way is to rework whole app the way no one wants...

Kingamattack

Hi guys,

There're still no solution for that issue? 

I'm an Apple Music user and i really wish to migrate to Spotify cause the UI and the playlist are way better BUT without this feature it doesn't make any sense (specially cause AM has it)...

So what's the current state? Cause here it says that it's "implemented" and on this other topic it's "fixed"

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Songs-saved-under-Artists-has-disappeared/idi-p/4978...

Can we expected having the feature back? 🤨

kandi_kit
No you probably cant expect this feature anytime soon, spotify is evil and
greedy and flat out lied about this issue being fixed and implemented in
order to silence our complaint about the shitty change they made
grrman

The basically did a half baked fix.

On the mobile app, you have to navigate directly to the artist in question, and then there is the option of selecting liked songs by this artist.

On the desktop app this is straight up non-existent.

Oh, and don't expect to be able to use the artist page to quickly scroll though your liked artist, as their order seems to be based on most recently listened, but also not quite. And this is only on the mobile app.
On the desktop app, the artist page is still the same broken piece of trash it has been for the last few years. It doesn't show artists you liked things from, just those you follow.

Basically Spotify has become the same big company they as most big tech firms. Half baked "fixes", empty promises and reckless greed. It's honestly quite amazing how they've gone from a genuinely good service to an essentially an empty shelf of their former self. Only reason I still use it is because it's part of my mobile phone plan, that's about it.

alexburgess127

Status is "implemented"...

Where is it?  On Desktop I have followed the instructions given in the 2020 "Status Update" on this post, but I see nothing of the sort...

Gigalmes

It looks like they are trying to force us to use playlists by removing every other option.

juanluiscb87

Hey Spotify team! I think you slightly misunderstood what we were asking for here. This is not about whether you can get access to your artists liked/saved songs or not. I guess few people hit the Library and manually search for an artist instead of using the search bar directly. What we do want as users -I say we cause lots of pals I've talked to would like the same- is to simply enjoy the same functionality the mobile app has of grouping all your liked/saved songs of each artist within the artist page, in the desktop app. This means that above the section "Popular" of each artist, it should appear a new section called "Liked songs", which is a list of all the songs you've liked before so that you can use it as your own artist's playlist. By "Liked songs", I mean only those tracks you individually liked rather than the songs from the albums you've liked. I realised that by clicking on each artist page from your Library, it shows you all the songs you either liked or are in the albums you liked. 

awarren82

I just came from Apple Music and I am shocked that Spotify doesn't allow you to browse your downloaded albums by Artist view!  Looks like Artist is just followed artists and it takes you to their overview page and Albums. is a running. list of all downloaded albums but you can't organize and group by artist!   This seems like the most basic feature that Spotify doesn't. offer!!!!

kopixi

So @grrman is correct - the "solution" for this feature change is that now, on mobile ONLY, you have to navigate to an Artist Page first and then there's a very small button that will take you to your "Saved Songs by [Artist]". 

This is NOT possible on desktop. At all. There is no way to see saved songs by a given Artist unless you Filter your Liked Songs Playlist by Artist - which gives you the endless experience of scrolling through every song you ever Saved until you get to the Artist you want. 

Oh, and because this is in one massive playlist, forget shuffling. You have to listen to that Artist's songs in chronological order, unless you want to add them to your Queue one by one. 

I can't believe I pay money for this. Who's got comparable alternatives to Spotify for Android users?