Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Your Music] Add & Remove Content separately (Artist, Album, Songs)

I am really enjoying the new update that I received earlier today that adds the "Your Music" area to Spotify, but I would like to throw out some ideas to help make the feature more enjoyable.

While using the new + feature to add songs to the songs list in the "Your Music" area I noticed that it also adds the artist and the album to their respected areas. You should be able to remove an album and/or artist from their list without it removing that specific song from it's list. This feature should be implemented for the song, artist, and album section.

Example:

If I click the new + symbol on the song: "Bun B - Get Throwed", it will add it to the song, artist, and album list in the new "Your Music" section.

If I remove that song from the "song" list in the "Your Music" area it will remove the song from the artist and album list as well.
If I remove that album from the "album" list in the "Your Music" area it will remove the song and artist list as well.

If I remove that artist from the "artist" list in the "Your Music" area it will remove the song and album list as well.

I should be able to edit and arrange these individual list to my liking. If I want a "Bun B" track in my song list, but not in my album and artist list I should have the ability to do so.

Updated on 2019-06-25

Hey folks, 

Thanks for adding your vote to this idea. 

The recent update to Spotify has changed the way liking things works that now reflect this idea.

Liking an album or song won’t automatically follow the artist, but you can follow them from their artist profile and find Recommended artists to follow in Your Library where you can follow them with one tap.

If you'd like to know more about the changes to the app, you can check out the article here.

Thanks 💚

Comments
Shogun33
Spotify closed the other appropriate thread...
Broken_Link11

I do not enjoy the fact that I now have to re-add every sing band that I listen to to get them to show up under the Artist section. I've been using Spotify sense 2014 and I listen to a lot of bands. I asked the customer service team because I didn't even know thing change was made. They're response was well just re-add everything. Considering the company made the change that removed everything in the first place, they could easily change it so that it is there again. And from there if I want to remove indavidual bands from that section I'll make that call. The response told me that they do not care about the time and money of their customers. If after using Spotify for five years they don't value me as a customer, than the time and effort I'd make re-adding everything is better spent using different music services.

WriterDreamer

Whelp, this is great. Five years later they implemented it but didn't implement artist or album view on track lists, and now they've alienated another group of customers.

Laiki
Well said, @writerdreamer. Somewhat at Spotify must've said to the dev team, "You guys start coding...I'll go find out what the customer wants.
mschildt14

Just can't figure out why you fixed something that wasn't broken.  I don't want ALL of the songs from an artist when I "follow" them - I only want the songs I "liked" of theirs... exactly the way it used to be.

Rene01

Hi @mschildt14,

It works that way. If I go to the artis tab and select one of the artists I follow, I only see the liked songs.

What do mean with all the songs? All the songs an artist mad in a list? Or do you mean the regular artist page with 5 top songs, the albums and the singles.

Regards,

René

mschildt14
I mean the top 5 with the albums and the singles
Rene01

Ok, you will only see the liked songs if you have premium. Do you have premium?

mschildt14
No. But that's my point. It seems that function was taken away so it can
only be offered to people who pay. Does it somehow cost them more to
provide for people like me?
Rene01

Hi @mschildt14,

I think they changed the concept and then they decided to only make it available to premium users. Of course spotify tries to win you by making premium more attractive.

Regards,

René