Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Your Music] Make 'Your Music' offline on Desktop

This is a follow up of the idea: Ability to make "Your Music" offline

The issue is that on the desktop client, you cannot save music from "Your Library" offline at all, you must create a playlist.

e.g.

Spotify Desktop (Your Music)

Notice that there's no way to make that particular album in "Your Music" available offline.

Yet on my Android client, I see a Download option near this album to make it available Offline:

Android (Your Music)

The only items that present such an option on the desktop client are playlists as shown below:

Desktop (Playlists)

On iTunes (Apple Music) however, I can make anything available offline on my desktop:

iTunes (My Music)

This for me is the biggest problem with Spotify and why I'm currently an Apple Music subscriber.  In general, the desktop client lags behind features on the mobile clients which are actually far better.

There are many more examples of differences that I can demonstrate, but this is the most important.

The ability to make My Music available offline on mobiles appeared more than a year ago.  Can we please have this and further differences addressed on the desktop client soon?

Thanks!

Fotis

Updated on 2021-07-07

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that this feature is now available on Desktop. You can now download not only playlists, but also albums and podcast episodes by clicking on the download icon so that it turns green Mihail_0-1625666628944.png

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Comments
BCrotty

It should be stunning that this still hasn't been implemented, but the list of new idea/suggestions that haven't been implemented grows every year. I've started using Stitcher in the last month and finding it SO MUCH BETTER.

Why is Spotify lagging so far behind the competitors??

Elena
Status changed to: Under Consideration

Updated on 2021-03-26

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Idea Exchange and for bringing us your continual feedback.

We also think this is a great idea and that there's an opportunity to make it happen very soon, so we're looking into it further.

You can take a look at our Newsroom article and this blog to learn more about our new desktop app and its features.

We'll post here when we have an update - Stay tuned!

Krisavi

5 and half years later and still under consideration...

Spotify pace yourself... 

And Elena, really... that looks kind of robot answer... You have been making it happen very soon for many years. In the Newsroom article I did not read that it will solve the problem and I am kind of afraid what else will now be cut from the product and will cause people to again vote for getting added back in 5 years or so.

MattSuda

Good news!

A new desktop app update with a new design is currently rolling out to all users. I just took it for a spin and one of the new features is the ability to download albums and podcasts just like you can in the mobile app.

You can read more info about the new desktop app in this news article:

Introducing a New Spotify Experience Across Desktop App and Web Player 

The desktop team also has a blog post in the community about it:

The New Desktop App

fgimian

I can confirm that the feature is here for me too finally!  When selecting an album in Your Library, there is now a Download button.

The feature seemed to appear for me since Spotify 1.1.56.595 which I updated to today.

While I'm finally happy the feature is here after all these years, I now have a much faster connection and it is of less use to me now personally.  But I'm hoping that it will still be useful to those who need to save bandwidth or are on a slower connection around the world.

Huge love everyone
Fotis

logravity

Ability to download in the Linux desktop app, check! This is great and hilarious (in a sad sense) that it took 6 years to implement. Thanks anyway!

Mihail
Status changed to: Implemented

Updated on 2021-07-07

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that this feature is now available on Desktop. You can now download not only playlists, but also albums and podcast episodes by clicking on the download icon so that it turns green Mihail_0-1625666628944.png

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

31t653ylqg4zzvk4v67p

I should be pretty useful to download favourite songs from an artist page. Thanks!

31t653ylqg4zzvk4v67p

I don't use/listen to playlists 😕

catupeloco
Necesito ayuda de gente de soporte tecnico de spotify ya que no logro resolver un problema que tengo, tengo premium duo y dos celulares y tres PC/notebooks. Necesito tener offline por tener que viajar en subte y conectarme a vpn sin internet en los PC. Formateo con regularidad mis equipos y me esta diciendo que no puedo poner mas dispositvos hasta que saque otros. Cerre sesion en todos mis dispositivos pero me sigue diciendo lo mismo. No encuentro forma dentro de spotify de anular instalaciones viejas. Necesito solucion ya que estoy pagando por un servicio que ahora ya no puedo beneficiarme (offline) en ningun dispositivo mas!