Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

armhf Spotify library for DIY projects

Me and many others have bought inexpensive ARM based hardware for media center use. Sadly most Linux distributions for these platforms are built with hardware floating point calculation only, and the Spotify library for ARM is software only.

Would you be kind enough to compile an armhf version of libspotify for us? Based on the number of orders on the Raspberry Pi platform alone I would expect the potential number of Premium service users of this library to be 100.000+.

Hello! Sorry for the delay on updating this but we’re pleased to announce the beta release of libspotify 12.1.103 for hardfloat armv6, allowing native support for platforms like the Raspberry Pi. You can find more info here: http://devnews.spotify.com/2013/01/22/libspotify-12-for-hardfloat-armv6-raspberry-pi-beta/ Thanks!
Comments
polarsun00

@reckie

Check this thread, I have posted some details there: https://github.com/mazkolain/spotimc/issues/48.

Feel free to make the changes yourself.

polarsun00

@toxaris

You need to use xbmc 12.0 RC3 or newer to avoid crashing. I personally use raspbmc:

Raspbmc Testing Branch, with Hard Floating Point
Release Candidate 5, Built: 20121229

Xbmc nightly build 05/01/2013.

I replaced the libspotify.so in /home/pi/.xbmc/addons/script.audio.spotimc/resources/dlls/linux/arm6

Works fine for me.

polarsun00
alex_le_ouf

still doesn't work on my side

wackenss
Any news on this one spotify? This would make spotify the center of the universe for me!
priapos

Looking forward to using Spotify on my Raspberry Pi!

wackenss
Hey spotify-dudes, did you know that this hard floating point thingy has 26,124 comments on raspbmc forum! Surely people want this!!!
LoopyFluff

Logitech Media Server on a Raspberry Pi is the reason I pay for premium. Performance on the soft float version is rubbish.

Please sort this Spotify else you may find a few of us drop our subscriptions until you do.

IainCole

This would be awesome 🙂 eee teaa ehhhhhhh?????

mnotgninnep

Please do this one Spotify! armel performance on the raspberry pi is pants in comparison to armhf performance.