Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

armhf Spotify library for DIY projects

Me and many others have bought inexpensive ARM based hardware for media center use. Sadly most Linux distributions for these platforms are built with hardware floating point calculation only, and the Spotify library for ARM is software only.

Would you be kind enough to compile an armhf version of libspotify for us? Based on the number of orders on the Raspberry Pi platform alone I would expect the potential number of Premium service users of this library to be 100.000+.

Hello! Sorry for the delay on updating this but we’re pleased to announce the beta release of libspotify 12.1.103 for hardfloat armv6, allowing native support for platforms like the Raspberry Pi. You can find more info here: http://devnews.spotify.com/2013/01/22/libspotify-12-for-hardfloat-armv6-raspberry-pi-beta/ Thanks!
Comments
chthomse

There is no soft-floating point support included anymore, thats why it segfaults 🙂

zicmu

It would be a real alternative to my logitech squeezebox radio.

Meezcore

It's the only thing missing in my music everywhere experience!!!!!

I like Spotify allot, but on my Raspberry is even better!!!!

spacecadetant

Please resolve this Spotify people... 

Thinking of downgrading from Premium because of it.

DarkSpartan

+1

jenson

This would be really great! Every Raspbmc user is waiting for this!

wallacefamily

+1 for this, would love to get Spotify support in Raspbmc!

gglaspi
Too bad for me too, will have suspend my account until it works 😞
ame198

Ahhhh, been chasing posts all over the net to figure out how to get spotify working on my pi. This is the end of the road for now i guess.. Hopefully we'll get a verson soon?

havok89

if i could get it working fine on my pi i would buy a subscription :3