Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS][Android][Podcasts] Adding indivdual Podcasts to Playlists

The option to save, bookmark or add an individual podcast show to a playlist would be nice to have. I'm actually somewhat surprised that this functionality isn't available. 

Updated on 2019-09-06

Hey folks, 

Thanks for adding your votes to this idea.

It's now possible to add Podcasts to playlists on iOS and Android. Just head to a podcast, click the three dots on the episode you want and select 'Add to Playlist'. 

2019-09-06.jpg

Thanks again!

Comments
ljh707

Yes, it's possible to create a playlist of individual podcast episodes. But what would be much more useful is the ability to create a playlist of entire podcasts, where the playlist updates with the most recent episode of each podcast you add to the playlist. For example, I'd love to create a playlist that includes all the news-based podcasts I listen to. Then, each time I play that playlist, I'll get the latest episode from each podcast source. Overcast makes this really easy. 

It would also be great if users could edit their Daily Drive. Let users select which podcasts and which music they want to hear rather than presuming an algorithm can do it for them.

reiah
Completely agree with you. Spotify should work on this. Daily drive is
quite annoying
Pa1171

Hello please add function “my station” What is it?

to my playlist add every day fresh news podcast episode info about weather, news or sport... (this tipe podcasts are existing in every country)

every day add new espisode and play every 2/3 hour

this functions making download daily podcast from me selected or added podcasts.

this functions making od Spotify realy radio station of more music & mini up to date news

classic rádio station is more comercial break 😞 more news and traffic news and some times play music

Pa1171

Hello please add function “my station” What is it?

to my playlist add every day fresh news podcast episode info about weather, news or sport... (this tipe podcasts are existing in every country)

every day add new espisode and play every 2/3 hour

this functions making download daily podcast from me selected or added podcasts.

this functions making od Spotify realy radio station of more music & mini up to date news

classic rádio station is more comercial break 😞 more news and traffic news and some times play music

ZsoyZ

Can you please also add this feature to the Spotify desktop app too !?!

madhums

Yea so why isn't this possible on desktop? When can we expect it on Desktop? Also, why can I not like a podcast? I'd expect a menu item somewhere that takes me to a list of podcasts I have listened to. 

illya

I want to make a list of my favorite podcast episodes to recommend to my friends and to listen to myself. How is Spotify missing this basic functionality! Most other podcast apps allow me to do this. If I can add songs to playlists, why would podcasts be specifically excluded?

xDanielle

Hi,

Is it also possible to save podcasts in playlists on the web version? Because I usually listen to podcasts while working on my laptop (to save the battery of my phone). 

Thanks in advance!

illya

I use desktop - is there a way to do it there?

pookeyblow
Please. I need to be able to add interesting podcast episodes to a list for later listening. Why doesn't this work for podcasts when it already does with music? It makes no sense.