Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Apple Watch: Spotify Streaming and Offline Listening

Apple Watch: Offline Listening

watchOS 5 should allow Spotify to develop an app that allows offline listening and streaming via cellular data.

Vote here to show your support for this development!

Updated on 2021-07-20

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

Тhis has been one of our most upvoted ideas and we've known it's something that our users would really like to see come true. 
We're happy to announce that this feature will now become available for the Apple Watch Series 3 or later.

It will be gradually rolled out, so it might take a bit until everybody has access to it.  That being said, we'd like to let you know that the roll-out rate has increased a lot in the last weeks, so if you haven't received the feature in the past, try reinstalling the app on your watch again and there's a big chance you'll get Offline listening now.

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better and voting to make this happen, here on the Community.

Comments
jdunstone16

I have been able to use mine through the 3rd Party app Decibell. This app is really useful to allow you to work using your apple watch and the playlist

Pcaledo
Hi there, sorry but Decibell only use your Spotify Premium account as a
remote control with the Apple Watch and iPhone, Decibell can not save the
Playlist on Apple Watch in order to go to running without the mobile..., so
it is the same that others apps. Only Music the Apple permit you save the
Playlist, 250 songs or others options in your Apple Watch. In this case,
you can go out only with your earphones and the Apple Watch without the
iPhone for playing music.

Marco
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Edit: this idea has been reposted Here.

Updated: 2016-05-24

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

spacemeli

I wish Spotify could make an Apple Watch to store our offline music on the watch. It is so easy to do that with Apple music ! I hope Spotify will make an announcement quite soon !

henksky

SPOTIFY DO YOU WANT TO LOSE CUSTOMERS? NO? SO PLEASE LAUNCH THAT APP SOON! or every sporty customer with a NEW Apple Watch serie 2 will switch to Apple Music very soon, including me! Thank you 🙂

Christian43

Apple Music does ...

Pcaledo
Yes, Apple Music permit save 250 songs in the Apple Watch so you can go to running without mobile and only with your watch and EarPods
tizzey23

I need that feature as well! asap! please!!!

dkmrcw

Me too.... spent the morning googling just that.... I'm loyal to Spotify and want to remain as such... Tech-wise, for running, I want GPS and I want music.  I'll put up with Bluetooth if I have to, so, if Spotify can't come up with a downloadable playlist app for the Watch then, my subscription is gonna have to go to Apple Music... Shame.