Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Apple Watch: Spotify Streaming and Offline Listening

Apple Watch: Offline Listening

watchOS 5 should allow Spotify to develop an app that allows offline listening and streaming via cellular data.

Vote here to show your support for this development!

Updated on 2021-07-20

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

Тhis has been one of our most upvoted ideas and we've known it's something that our users would really like to see come true. 
We're happy to announce that this feature will now become available for the Apple Watch Series 3 or later.

It will be gradually rolled out, so it might take a bit until everybody has access to it.  That being said, we'd like to let you know that the roll-out rate has increased a lot in the last weeks, so if you haven't received the feature in the past, try reinstalling the app on your watch again and there's a big chance you'll get Offline listening now.

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better and voting to make this happen, here on the Community.

Comments
nwa9246810

Seriously people. Go hire a good business development and strategy person and make this deal app happen. Your theoretically exclusive deal with Samsung is just going to land you in second or third place as a music streaming service. I just bought an Apple Watch Series 4 and I get six months of Apple Music for free with it. I’m sure I’m not the only one who is going to give it a try and likely switch because you lack this basic function.

gsycip15

What a huge disappointment. I picked up an Apple Watch series 4 and thought that I could play music however it doesn’t work with Spotify. Only Apple Music. So monopolistic 

costenga

I just got an Apple Watch, I've been a Spotify user for 8 years and I until yesterday I could no longer imagine my life without it. I have 1 month of free Apple Music and If I get used to it i'll have to switch. I just payed for a app to move all my playlists. It is a dark day indeed.. 

MrPirateChicken

Been an age since I posted my optimistic post many replies ago in the other thread ! So Spotify peeps, now that the API is there to make it happen, are you going to come out of the closet and reveal whether or not you’re working on a watch app? Over 750 responses talking about it across two threads I’ve seen, surely an up to date reply from the company would help.

wetmouthsounds

One more month and I am moving my family plan to Apple Music.  If they at the very least announce its coming in that time, I'll stick it out for a few more months.   

samluyet

Please make this happen ASAP

leftspin

FYI Watchify is now called Remotify. 

jjj3wright
PLEASE do this, Spotify! You’re just begging your customers to switch to Apple Music if you don’t. It’s only a matter of time until I stop waiting and switch myself... get better at customer service, please.
kninj

Hi,

Could someone please tell me when a Spotify app will be available on the Apple Watch? Or do I need to swap my subscription to Apple Music? Many thanks.

peterinberlin

Spotify,

Apple Watch OS 5 is now open for Developers.

So no Reasons NOT to build the perfect Spotify App for Apple Watch 4.

Do you want your Customers to move to Apple Music?? I guess NO!