Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Apple Watch: Spotify Streaming and Offline Listening

Apple Watch: Offline Listening

watchOS 5 should allow Spotify to develop an app that allows offline listening and streaming via cellular data.

Vote here to show your support for this development!

Updated on 2021-07-20

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

Тhis has been one of our most upvoted ideas and we've known it's something that our users would really like to see come true. 
We're happy to announce that this feature will now become available for the Apple Watch Series 3 or later.

It will be gradually rolled out, so it might take a bit until everybody has access to it.  That being said, we'd like to let you know that the roll-out rate has increased a lot in the last weeks, so if you haven't received the feature in the past, try reinstalling the app on your watch again and there's a big chance you'll get Offline listening now.

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better and voting to make this happen, here on the Community.

Comments
PapaJoe2

Just a short comment.   Had enough of “no news” from Spotify.   Our fam has been on a premium subscription for 4 years.  But the non-streaming on our Apple Watches has become a dealbreaker, despite our fondness for Spotify.  

We just signed up for a 6-mos free promo thru Verizon for Apple Music.   Sadly, I have a feeling that at the end of the promo, we’ll be off Spotify for good.  

hervul

I was looking for an alternative for Spotify for my Apple Watch. To my surprise, non of the other biggest music streaming services provides cellular/ offline streaming functionalities. I’m talking about Deezer, Tidal, Google Play Music, Amazon, etc.

Pandora and Shazam are the only ones, which are not direct competition to Apple Music.

This makes me think the restriction might be related to Apple’s monopoly instead of Spotify’s “laziness”.

raj10477

Ich werde demnächst eine Apple Watch kaufen und möchte unterwegs damit Musik streamen können. Ich weiß dass dies leider nicht mit Spotify geht, daher habe ich mir bereits das probeabo von Apple Music geholt um es zu testen. Ich finde Spotify ist bei weitem besser! Aber wenn Spotify nicht bald die Streaming Funktion auf die Apple Watch bringt, dann werde ich wohl zu Apple Music wechseln (müssen).

Francesco23

Anyone knows any news? 

It is possibile with new API of WatchOS 6. 

Some articles: 

https://crunchybagel.com/audio-streaming-in-watchos-6/

-https://9to5mac.com/2019/06/09/watchos-6-spotify/

nldw

After a year of waiting, still nothing.

This is not fair to all  premium user.

In fact I’ll leave Spotify for Apple Music. Thats enough

Francesco23

now that alexa Italy supports apple music, I have no more excuses. I will wait for IOS 13 in September and then, I will change the streaming service if Spotify has no news.

One of the key reasons I subscribe to Spotify is for out of home/car streaming (mowing lawn, cycling, walking, etc.).  And I have an Apple watch LTE so that I *DON'T* have to carry bulky phone around on my body.  wth that phone is needed in order to stream to blutooth headphones?   DO BETTER. FIX THIS.

markm8

Please spotify - do something about this! Remove this reason to leave you after ~12 years of great times. Who wants to carry a phone when running just to listen to music when a watch could do it just as well 😞

Kinower

Goodbye spotify, hello apple music.

Another disappointment of spotify