Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Apple Watch: Spotify Streaming and Offline Listening

Apple Watch: Offline Listening

watchOS 5 should allow Spotify to develop an app that allows offline listening and streaming via cellular data.

Vote here to show your support for this development!

Updated on 2021-07-20

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

Тhis has been one of our most upvoted ideas and we've known it's something that our users would really like to see come true. 
We're happy to announce that this feature will now become available for the Apple Watch Series 3 or later.

It will be gradually rolled out, so it might take a bit until everybody has access to it.  That being said, we'd like to let you know that the roll-out rate has increased a lot in the last weeks, so if you haven't received the feature in the past, try reinstalling the app on your watch again and there's a big chance you'll get Offline listening now.

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better and voting to make this happen, here on the Community.

Comments
carlown

Not available in Austria, i‘m on 8.30/premium/wOS7.5 … what the heck?

so i have to cancel my account! I dont need podcast or any talking nonesense … people talk too much during the day 

i wanna listen to my fav music!!!!!!

dixieflatline

Am I missing something. What is worse than no update? Fake news?

rickytenberge

I fully agree that it took way too long.. I even tried Apple Music in between.. but for me the download to Apple Watch function is working, so they are actually rolling it out! Perhaps you can try to delete and re-install the app? The functionality does not seem to come available because of an app update, it was an in-app popup that informed me it was available for me.

DesignByAdrian

@rickytenberge Which country are you in? I just reinstalled the iOS and Watch apps and don't see anything new, and no on-screen announcement.

DesignByAdrian

Sweden, BTW

Mbgriffith1

How on Earth has Spotify still not apologized for the hilariously incompetent rollout of this?  How could it possibly take over a month to roll this out?  And if that was always the plan, the press release should have just said "Spotify plans to let people download songs to their Apple Watch - but we make zero guarantee that you'll ever actually be able to use this feature, even if you pay for Premium Spotify, but - trust us - we *plan* to roll this feature out sometime between now and the end of time.  And if you never get this feature, know that we tried.  And failed."

ManuelFink

What version of Spotify app should support this? Is it possible, that I have already the most recent version but still have not the offline functionality with the Apple Watch?

Gioac_01

I have version 8.6.40.1248 and it is not available

Alexpppp

the status of this says implemented. IT IS NOT IMPLEMENTED.

stop lying. Sadly Spotify only has one single USP on Apple devices - music discovery. Once apple fixes that then bye bye 🙂

rickytenberge

@DesignByAdrian The Netherlands