Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Apple Watch: Spotify Streaming and Offline Listening

Apple Watch: Offline Listening

watchOS 5 should allow Spotify to develop an app that allows offline listening and streaming via cellular data.

Vote here to show your support for this development!

Updated on 2021-07-20

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

Тhis has been one of our most upvoted ideas and we've known it's something that our users would really like to see come true. 
We're happy to announce that this feature will now become available for the Apple Watch Series 3 or later.

It will be gradually rolled out, so it might take a bit until everybody has access to it.  That being said, we'd like to let you know that the roll-out rate has increased a lot in the last weeks, so if you haven't received the feature in the past, try reinstalling the app on your watch again and there's a big chance you'll get Offline listening now.

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better and voting to make this happen, here on the Community.

Comments
dkmrcw

Now the Series 2 has GPS, spotify just has to create this app, otherwise people are gonna leave Spotify in their millions... me included unfortunately....

Nexusv6
Hi,
I have been waiting for this feature for months. I guess we will end switching to Apple Music. We don't owe anything to Spotify and the law of the free market rules.
Mdhat
Let's hurry up and get this done. I'm not looking forward to subscribing to Apple Music
Pcaledo

Morning all!, it is a pity, I posted this one year and half ago...and I have my subscription to Spotify and Apple Music. Regret the Spotify team has not taken note about this problem for a lot of user. At the end of the years, my subscription will be expire, and I will not contract again. 

The reasons, I cannot believe Spotify team has not received this message, because it is not personal trouble..., and they are not trying to improving it. The Spotify music has not the same quality of e Apple Music, I have not idea why not?, and only one reason to prefer Spotify in this moment...., the Spotify playlist are really better than in Apple Music. My personal point of view is, Spotify has a staff listing, and developing the list and Apple Music is more mechanical, is like a computer mixing music without feeling....

but I cannot continue with both subscription of course.

erkan12

I want to buy the apple watch to use it when running. Since i always listen to music while I run, I would love to have the music streamed to my wireless headphones without having to bring my phone.

Please create an app for offline playlists on the apple watch. That would be great!

Puppetisto

Yes! I would love this feature too! 

Azichek

I agree. I have been a spotify premium subscriber for 5+ years now and the lack of an apple watch app will be what drives me to stop my subscription to Spotify and shift to apple music. 

Apple music is now competitive with Spotify in terms of features and now with SongShift, I can import all my playlists to apple music. I think its time to say goodbye to spotify and hello to apple music. 😞 

Hassaan22

Been a HUGE Spotify fan, and currently have my entire family on Spotify Family premium plan. I also hate on iTunes on every opportunity that I get; that software is terrible, and about a week ago, I could never see myself using iTunes for anything.

Fast forward to this week, when Apple Watch with GPS is announced, and my world has turned upside down when I find that Spotify is unwilling to make a simple Watch app. And as a person who HATES iTunes, I will switch to Apple Music if there is no response within the next couple weeks. Have already started my 3-month trial, and is working just fine. Also doesnt hurt to get all music releases first on apple music, btw.

Bottom line Spotify: you WILL lose tons of paying customers becasue of this stupid decision to not make a simple apple watch. Please address this concern soon, or you will see a lot of people turn the other way.

musammir

Agree with this - I just ordered the 2nd gen Apple Watch and not having Spotify is a big deal breaker for me. I will be leaving Spotify and switching over to Apple Music in a few weeks if there is no update on a Spotify Apple Watch app.

Azichek