Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Optimize the Spotify app for the iPhone X

Please optimize the Spotify app for the iPhone X.

There are black bars at the top and bottom in the app, and because of that, the app doesn't look very great on the device. I'm sure that it's possible to "fix" this in the next few days/weeks so that the app is looking great on all devices again.

Thanks! 😅

Updated on 2017-12-08

Hey folks, 

This has now been implemented in the latest verison of Spotify. If you can't see this update, we'd recommend following the steps here

Thanks for the reports!

Comments
MrEasilyAmused

I was surprised to see Spotify behind the curve on this one... Most big-name applications/developers had the appropriate update available the day of the iPhone X launch. 

Akiainavas
Yep. Unfortunately Spotify is showing us once more that their artificial spat with Apple is more important to them than their loyal customers... and then they wonder why more and more people switch to Apple Music.
Richman777

They're one of hte last major hold-outs, even google has started pushing out updates for their core apps.

Sayassassin

As a iOS Developer I can tell you it‘s a task of just a few minutes... normally you only have to adjust the constraints... even if Spotify haven‘tbany iPhone X in their testfarm it can be done with the simulator... I was very disappointed after running Spotify the first time on the X 😞

MrEasilyAmused
Thanks for your input on the topic. That’s fascinating to hear. I always love spreading the word about Spotify - I’m pretty passionate about the awesome features they have & how different they are from Apple Music. I have had a subscription to Apple Music as well since it came out, but I rarely use it. It’s upsetting to see them neglecting their iOS users like this 😞
Taffson

pls quickly 🙏🏻🙏🏻

Akiainavas
Exactly. It would be best to actually update the design to take advantage of the screen but they could at the very least just extend it... takes less than 10 minutes in Xcode to do that, as any iOS developer will tell you.

It’s just embarrassing to see this kind of neglect from Spotify again and again and yet another thread full of people complaining about lack of proper support and Spotify not doing anything about it.
moscoz

This is not a "nice idea", it's MANDATORY. 

S001

I agree with this. Spotify REALLY needs to update their iPhone X app as it looks terrible right now. 

wsaa_nyc

I think the worst is that they don't even respond or give an ETA...

How many iPhone X sold vs. % of iPhone users having a Spotify susbcription?

Typical european company behavior! No communication whatsoever, it's like that planned record seller product doesn't exist. Devs had the mock ups since September 12th.

(Full disclosure: I grew up on Europe so just comparing the U.S vs. Europe when it comes to pleasing/retaining custumers)