Not long ago, I downloaded the Spotify app on my iPad after having Spotify on my Kindle Fire for a long time now, and I’ve noticed a basic feature that the Android version of Spotify and probably every other version of Spotify has that the iOS version doesn’t.
On iOS, I can’t specifically change the order of songs in my playlists by moving them up or down. 😕 All I have are more generic options to change song order like “Sort by Album” or “Sort by Title”. 🙁 A lack of this basic feature on the iOS version of Spotify is frustrating and unacceptable. 👎 This feature should be on Spotify iOS just like it is on every other version of Spotify.
Due to this, all I ask is to please allow the option to sort songs by editing the playlist and move them to a different spot on iOS. That way, if I decide I want to move a song to a different place in one of my playlists on my iPad, I won’t have to remake the entire freaking playlist just to move that one track.
Spotify, I hope you understand that having this option on iOS is just as important as having it on every other platform and will implement it. Thanks. 🙂
To everyone who sees this idea and has an Apple device-if you agree with it, please add a kudo 👍 so we can make Spotify worth having on iOS.
Updated on 2020-03-23
To arrange the song order in your own playlists, do the following:
1. Open your playlist that you want to re-organize the song order.
2. Drag down the playlist window so the search box (“Find in playlist”) appears at the top.
3. To the right of the search box touch “Filters”.
4. Select "Custom order", which returns you to the playlist window.
5. Touch the 3 dots (upper right of the screen) and select "Edit".
6. Touch and hold the 3 bars that now appears to the right of the song you wish to move within the playlist.
7. Drag the song to the new location and release it.
8. Touch "done" in the upper right.
Hope it helps. 🙂