Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iPad app

We want a ipad app! 🙂

Comments
SeamusG

yup! me too!

BjornW
The iPad 2 has been out for almost a year now, and still there is no app to do the software justice. I'm no fan of the non rotating IPhone app as I mostly use my iPad in landscape mode. Is there really anything to consider, Spotify? I want to see the status as "under development"!
Lifesabeach

I (we) want this!

krikelin

To be honest, I think that it might be a confrontation between Apple and Spotify that may hinder a release of an iPad client. If you look at the job, it gets a cryptic message that Spotify is putting resources on iOS development, but I think that there is something with the relation to apple that sinking the process.

I think Apple is very afraid that an iPad release would challenge their iTunes Match platform and iCloud, since Spotify is a cloud music platform and would adventure sales on iTunes Match. Apple has probably very special relationship to labels (iTunes is the store that has the largest selection of music) and and competitor of this magnitude as Spotify (Rdio and eMusic is very small in the scale that Spotify has a enormous media buzz and exclusive relationships) and that a introduction of Spotify on the iOS platform could make significant damage to the business structure of iCloud and iTunes since they have exclusive deals.

While the mediation is ongoing, I think both parties has agreed to not out any state of the progress, since a announcement of a full iOS enabled Spotify could make significant damages to the success of iTunes Match and iCloud. To the base of my assumption it lies the fact that Google accounts can not be connected easily to the iOS devices. If someone knows, there was a long time between the community requests and the announcement of the iPhone app and the same here. Now people may say if iPhone worked, why not iPad? Because iPad is a far more hot device and that Apple is trying to save their market. 

I think the relationship between Spotify and Apple is very complex now, and that Apple might treat a expansation of this service to more iOS device could damage Apples business.

bradavon

Please lock this topic. It makes more sense to have one thread and shows Spotify more clearly how much a feature is wanted.

I've clicked kudos on the other topic.

Scottyboyswa
Under consideration? Seriously? I'm gonna give Rdio a chance, and if it works, I'll be canceling my Spotify subscription... Unbeliavble...
Try tablified, really great spotify client for iPad. In the app store now, and it's free!
Cbinau

Whoever get the ipad app out first I will switch. MOG VS. SPOTIFY

tor2dbear
I'll wait until the iPad 3 is released. If there still is no iPad app, I'm sorry to say, I'll have to look for alternatives... This have been rediculos!
phil

Two montts ago Spotify announced an Ipad App... still waiting