iPad app

We want a ipad app! 🙂

Comments
Christogreyling
I need that Ipad Spotify app
Carlvandoorne
Yes please! Ipad app please!
skimble_skamble
When will there be an iPad app? Can't understand why it's taking so long, putting me off sticking with spotify.
kolodzieas

I tried the Premium service for a month. I really want to like Spotify. But the lack of an iPad native app is a complete dealbreaker. Here's why.

It's not just because it's being blown up 2x on a higher resolution screen.

I use my iPhone and my iPad for totally different purposes. The iPhone app is great for the iPhone, because on an iPhone, you're using the app while doing other things. You're probably out jogging or on the train. You're not spending tons of time on that tiny little screen - you just want to listen to music.

The iPhone app does not offer an appropriate way to do the sort of things I am likely to do on an iPad.

If I'm on my iPad, I'm probably sitting on my couch or bed, and I'm spending a little more time doing things like reading and discovering music. This is a time where I want to hear new music - not music I already know about that is on my playlists - and I want to be able to MAKE new playlists from this new music I hear. Ideally, I should be able to find new music based on my last.fm history as well.

Making playlists on the iPhone app sucks.

To make or edit a playlist on the iPhone app, you have to stop listening to whatever you're listening to, listen to the song you want to add to your playlist, and open yet another menu just to get to the Add to Playlist button. Again, this is fine for the iPhone, where I likely just want to find a song and listen to it. But on the iPad, where I want to build playlists, often including songs I already know I like and don't need to open up and listen to, the experience is incredibly disruptive. I should be able to listen to a song and edit playlists separately on an iPad.

I don't want to be forced to use my laptop for things I would normally use my iPad for.

I use my laptop for work, writing, and designing - not casual media consumption. When I'm on my laptop, I need to get things done. I'm not going to bring this huge clunky thing out just to create and edit playlists. It doesn't make sense. I do all my reading, movie watching, and music discovery on my iPad. During the rare times I open the Spotify app on my desktop, it's not to discover new music. It's to play music I already know about and use playlists I already have in the background while I work on more important things.

Each type of device is used uniquely, and your service should reflect that knowledge.

An iPad app should absolutely be your main priority now - not because it doesn't look nice, but because you haven't given your mobile users an appropriate way to do things like edit playlists and discover new music. If the core of your service depends on us paying to listen, I have to wonder what makes you different from my iPod. After all, if I'm listening to the same stale old music I already own, and you're not helping me to find new music to listen to, why bother with you at all? Secondly, the lack of communication here (as evidenced throughout this thread) is incredibly frustrating. You need to be upfront and honest about the status of the iPad app. 

For the reasons above, the iPhone app is not a suitable substitute for an iPad app. It's not designed for the iPad. It doesn't do the things I need to do on an iPad. The iPad is a significantly different device from the iPhone, used for a significantly different purpose, and you should not neglect it simply because your iPhone app can work on an iPad. It's not fair to your paying users, and only serves to create bitterness and resentment among those of us who pay for premium features and own these devices.

DiVanci

Any idea when the iPad app will be available ?

I really hope to see one soon... 

ManelST
It's time for an iPad app!!!! Para los usuarios premium que prácticamente sólo utilizamos Spotify desde el iPad, la actual versión nos ofrece una experiencia de usuario y una calidad lamentable (y pixelada...) Señores de Spotify, ya es hora de lanzar una app para iPad o creo que en breve más de uno, y de dos, daremos el salto a otra plataforma. Gracias!
sergio

I'ts incredible they didn't put an effort on that ! come on ! rdio has one, mog have one, what are you waiting for?

All I think about your (spotify) comment  "the iphone app works perflectly on Ipad" and why it sucks it's explained VERY well by Kolodzideas :

by kolodzieas

It's not just because it's being blown up 2x on a higher resolution screen.

I use my iPhone and my iPad for totally different purposes. The iPhone app is great for the iPhone, because on an iPhone, you're using the app while doing other things. You're probably out jogging or on the train. You're not spending tons of time on that tiny little screen - you just want to listen to music.

The iPhone app does not offer an appropriate way to do the sort of things I am likely to do on an iPad.

If I'm on my iPad, I'm probably sitting on my couch or bed, and I'm spending a little more time doing things like reading and discovering music. This is a time where I want to hear new music - not music I already know about that is on my playlists - and I want to be able to MAKE new playlists from this new music I hear. Ideally, I should be able to find new music based on my last.fm history as well.

Making playlists on the iPhone app sucks.

To make or edit a playlist on the iPhone app, you have to stop listening to whatever you're listening to, listen to the song you want to add to your playlist, and open yet another menu just to get to the Add to Playlist button. Again, this is fine for the iPhone, where I likely just want to find a song and listen to it. But on the iPad, where I want to build playlists, often including songs I already know I like and don't need to open up and listen to, the experience is incredibly disruptive. I should be able to listen to a song and edit playlists separately on an iPad.

I don't want to be forced to use my laptop for things I would normally use my iPad for.

I use my laptop for work, writing, and designing - not casual media consumption. When I'm on my laptop, I need to get things done. I'm not going to bring this huge clunky thing out just to create and edit playlists. It doesn't make sense. I do all my reading, movie watching, and music discovery on my iPad. During the rare times I open the Spotify app on my desktop, it's not to discover new music. It's to play music I already know about and use playlists I already have in the background while I work on more important things.

Each type of device is used uniquely, and your service should reflect that knowledge.

An iPad app should absolutely be your main priority now - not because it doesn't look nice, but because you haven't given your mobile users an appropriate way to do things like edit playlists and discover new music. If the core of your service depends on us paying to listen, I have to wonder what makes you different from my iPod. After all, if I'm listening to the same stale old music I already own, and you're not helping me to find new music to listen to, why bother with you at all? Secondly, the lack of communication here (as evidenced throughout this thread) is incredibly frustrating. You need to be upfront and honest about the status of the iPad app.

For the reasons above, the iPhone app is not a suitable substitute for an iPad app. It's not designed for the iPad. It doesn't do the things I need to do on an iPad. The iPad is a significantly different device from the iPhone, used for a significantly different purpose, and you should not neglect it simply because your iPhone app can work on an iPad. It's not fair to your paying users, and only serves to create bitterness and resentment among those of us who pay for premium features and own these devices.

haukesa

And Hp touchpad! (And android Tablets, Windows 8)!

hundsim

I just bought an ipad to use it with spotify, and there's no ipad app???!!

Unbelievable.

weirdjam
I am forced to run a remote desktop on my iPad to get full functionality of Spotify. It would be much better running a native iPad app, i can then stream via AirPlay to my apple tv or airport express. I hate the iPhone app on my iPad it's pointless, as has been said. C'mon spotify pull your finger out.