Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Your Music" Feature on Sonos

I am an avid user of both Sonos and Spotify. Since migrating their "Starred" feature to "Your Music", I have lost the ability to access "Your Music" songs directly in Sonos.

I think is would be great to have this feature accessible in Sonos.

Updated: 2015-10-14

We’re thrilled to finally announce that per your request Your Music is coming to Sonos. All your go-to songs and playlists right at your fingertips. Including Discover Weekly, a custom 2-hour mixtape programmed just for you and served up piping hot every Monday. Enjoy!

Comments
Lipidfish

Good news people! I just got an email from Sonos inviting me to their beta tester program. In the email they described an upgrade to the Spotify experience:

What’s new with Spotify on Sonos?

• Radio: Search by artist or song and create radio stations while in the Sonos controller and save them to your Sonos favorites.
  • Featured Playlists: Discover curated playlists that are served up based on time of day.
  • Charts: Access region-based playlists and discover trending content that spans multiple regions.
  • Genres & Moods: Access curated genre and mood-based playlists and discover music that will fit the mood or the genre you seek.
  • New Releases: Discover newly released albums and the freshest content.
  • Your Music: Access curated playlists and songs. Build your music library while in the Sonoscontroller.

I would imagine that they are aiming for the holiday season with these features.

seanthanna

They finally did it!!!

WOOHOO!

Lipidfish

Finally! I tried this out last night and it worked like a charm.

Thanks Spotify!

meahtenoha
Status changed to: Implemented
Updated: 2015-10-14

We’re thrilled to finally announce that per your request Your Music is coming to Sonos. All your go-to songs and playlists right at your fingertips. Including Discover Weekly, a custom 2-hour mixtape programmed just for you and served up piping hot every Monday. Enjoy!

huddlestond

Why no Artist and Album option when on Sonos? I was told to remove playlists as I had too many and use the Your Music Artists and Albums instead but it's not available.

Yup, great job, but still missing Albums
boyo_marshall

I have just migrated over from Rdio and imported my list of favourited Artists into Spotify so they are showing as "Followed". I assumed that I would have access to all the folowed Artists and available albums in the Spotify view within the SONOS controler but this is sadly not the case. 

Please add the "Artists" folder under "Your Music" in SONOS Controller! Having to manually add albums to show up in a hodge podge list in the Albums folder is a terrible and limited way to navigate and manage my own curated music collection when I am streaming through my SONOS and Stereo. As I had with Rdio, I would like access to all the available albums under all my folowed Artists in Spotify diplayed by Artist in the Artist Folder in SONOS. Now that you have Albums supported, it cannot be that much more of a deal to add the full "Artist" folder.

I hope this wil be implemented ASAP.

Thanks,

Ben 

johnnymac459

Hi there,

I am an avid fan of Spotify!  I was using it through my iTunes and LOVED that I could enter a single musician into iTunes search, and I'd get a wonderful playlist with similar music (not all the same musician) returned.  

I have recently moved to a Sonos system and no longer using iTunes (altough Sonos did import all of my itunes and spotify songs and playlists).  

My question is how to get back that same functionality that I used in iTunes - was that "Genius" that generated the list?  Currently when I use the search in Sonos, it returns albums and songs just for that musician, and not a varied musician playlist.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

jmm